Post-Xmas Plasma Prices (NEC,Pio,Fuj,Hit,Pana)

If anyone can beat CDT's $6450 for the 50" NEC HD plasma which comes with stand, bring it on.

Has anyone purchased from this place? This beats all prices with hundreds of dollars to spare!!!

CDT's price does NOT include GST. Therefore real cost is just over $7K.

I called them up and asked, they said that includes GST?????

So what's the catch? Are they factory warranted units, brand new, same as everyone elses? Unless their buying power is way better than anyone elses, or they are feeling extremely beneficial (both of which I very much doubt), there has to be something hidden (eg bringing them in from Japan direct, or the like) - just a hunch.

At a guess i would say grey market or factory returns

CDT are just an internet shop and are unable to provide an after sale service. CDT has advised that the quoted price on this forum is most certainly not inclusive of GST (it is actually below cost price). The real cost is $7,035. Personally, I have decided to steer clear of this mob, and for just over $100 more I will be getting mine in a few days from a reputable seller offerring after sales service, including delivery and partial installation, and a free Sunwave remote thrown in.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If CDT are registered for GST (which as a business they must be) then it is ILLEGAL to advertise prices without GST included.

Quoting the ATO

"If the sale is a taxable sale the GST must be included in the advertised or displayed price-that is, the price must be GST-inclusive for taxable sales. This means that if you are registered for GST, all of your advertised, displayed or contracted prices must be GST-inclusive."

ATO reference page

J.

If CDT are registered for GST (which as a business they must be) then it is ILLEGAL to advertise prices without GST included.

Quoting the ATO

"If the sale is a taxable sale the GST must be included in the advertised or displayed price-that is, the price must be GST-inclusive for taxable sales. This means that if you are registered for GST, all of your advertised, displayed or contracted prices must be GST-inclusive."

ATO reference page

J.

....... That being said - they do now say $xxxx plus GST when you ring them. The price with wall mount ends up being the same as other Sydney based web-retailers.

J.

(Hmmm - why cant I edit my own post ?)

Yesterday I noticed that Harris Technology where quoting a price of $7,579.00 on their website (HT are owned by Coles Myers). I called them to ask them about price matching and was told that this should not be no problem but I will need to go into their store for the price match (some mutterings about a managers approval). I said I had seen prices significantly cheaper at around $7000...

Interesting coments about CDT above... as they say if the deal seems to good, it often is.

Markus

• 4 weeks later...
I'm noticing price drops on these high end plasmas since Xmas/New Year.

Anyone who gets a good price on the Pioneer, NEC, Fujitsui, Hitachi, Panasonic Viera etc 42" and 50" plasmas, please post it here !

I got a quote of $6,700 on the Pioneer 435 (JBHiFi Belconnen ACT) but I'm sure there is still a lot of fat on that price.

The best price I have seen on the NEC 42XM3W (black) / PX-42XR3W (silver) with matching desktop stand or wall bracket is $5,370 inc GST (from internet retailer. PM me if you want to know which one)

* update * The same internet retailer is having a January special on the SD NEC's

$3,570 on the 42VM5W (black) or 42VR5W (silver) including stand or wall bracket including GST and delivery anywhere in Australia. That is cheap. Considering SD Digital TV looks better on these displays than on a HD display ...

Lets get organised and post best prices so everyone can get a good deal. In the STB/HDD thread, they did this with the Topfield 5000t - RRP is over $1000 but screwed the retailers down to around $800. IF you can save 20% off a plasma, thats big $$$ so post ya best deals! :blink:

:blink: Everyone seems to be writing off the SAMSUNG plasma's as rubbish. I would like to point out that they are one of the worlds largest plasma manufactuers and make them for other companies such as SONY. SAMSUNG have just stopped producing SD plasmas and consequently they only produce the HD ones: PS42P4H and PS50P4H nad have conseqauently reduced production costs significantly.

I have the 42 inch one conected via DVI to a TEAC DB800. It has a superb picture and the sound through the 10 speaker JBL system is excellent. At a RRP of $4999 (you can expect to knock off at least $500 from this), I would say is the best value PLASMA around. Believe me, the picture is as good as any of the so called big names (may be not quite as sharp as the Pioneers but you would have to compare them side by side and pay $3000 more for the miniscule difference!).

If you are looking for a Plasma, give this one a look as you'll be pleasantly suprised!

I'm noticing price drops on these high end plasmas since Xmas/New Year.

Anyone who gets a good price on the Pioneer, NEC, Fujitsui, Hitachi, Panasonic Viera etc 42" and 50" plasmas, please post it here !

I got a quote of $6,700 on the Pioneer 435 (JBHiFi Belconnen ACT) but I'm sure there is still a lot of fat on that price.

Lets get organised and post best prices so everyone can get a good deal. In the STB/HDD thread, they did this with the Topfield 5000t - RRP is over $1000 but screwed the retailers down to around $800. IF you can save 20% off a plasma, thats big $$$ so post ya best deals! :blink:

For the following HD plasmas I was recently quoted:

$5,200 for the Pana Viera 42" (inc. basic stand);

$6,500 for the Pioneer 435 & $5,500 for the 434;

$5,900 for the Fujitsu P42HHA30 42" (*not current model, should get lower)

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an add for the Hitachi 42PD700MA for $4653 neg comes with speakers and choice of desk top stand or wall mount,place was Projector people in Melbourne.I recently saw this same panel at JB for $5999 which was the cheapest i had ever seen it.Is this what they are going for now?Or does this sound to good to be true?

Cheers Ryan

I saw an add for the Hitachi 42PD700MA for $4653 neg comes with speakers and choice of desk top stand or wall mount,place was Projector people in Melbourne.I recently saw this same panel at JB for $5999 which was the cheapest i had ever seen it.Is this what they are going for now?Or does this sound to good to be true?

Are you sure it's not the 5000 series?

Here is a copy of the add(BELOW).Every week they advertise and yes it is usually the 5000 series they have but whilst looking this week i noticed it had changed to the 7800 series.And from reading the add it certainly sounds like the 7800.

Cheers Ryan

PRICE DROP! Hitachi 42PD7000MA, Envision things from a whole new perspective with Hitachi's latest generation high-performance Plasma Monitor. Encompassing of technological advancements and aesthetic beauty, it will change the way you see things from now on. Hitachi's latest Plasma offers a bright, high impact screen guaranteed to catch your attention and deliver persuasive messages at the point of influence. From controlled environment such as corporate boardrooms, reception areas to a sophisticated home cinema solution, you will be able to experience stunning graphics, high contrast and razor sharp images in true-to-life color from Hitachi high-performance Plasma screens.In addition, the revolutionary new Crystalface design? made from transparent materials backed with advanced processing technology, results in a sophisticated appearance. Complete with speakers and your choice of desktop or wall stand. Not available from retail stores!, $4653.00 Negotiable Projector People

I got my 50" Hd Nec for $6750 yesterday with stand chucked in at Harvey Norman in Nunawading

Mind you id been in the store for like 3 hours so the sales guy probably just wanted to get rid of me  :blink:

Ben

Black NEC 50" HD Panel (50XM4W) with stand or wall mount for $6290 at pluscorp... bought on the 12/4/05... might be even a lil cheaper now..........