Foxtel Digital Remote

I have a Loewe TV with an infrered sensor designed to read remote controls of hidden set-top boxes through the TV.

I can not get it to read the new Foxtel Digital Remote Control. It reads all other remote controls, including my previous PTV analog box.

Are there any other Loewe owner out there with this feature that have or have not experienced this problem?

Does anyone know if the Foxtel digital remote operated differently to other remotes, which would cause the STB not to be received its signal via the function?

I have a Loewe TV with an infrered sensor designed to read  remote controls of hidden set-top boxes through the TV.

I can not get it to read the new Foxtel Digital Remote Control. It reads all other remote controls, including my previous PTV analog box.

Are there any other Loewe owner out there with this feature that have or have not experienced this problem?

Does anyone know if the Foxtel digital remote operated differently to other remotes, which would cause the STB not to be received its signal via the function?

Yeah the Foxtel remote uses, from what ive read, IRDA rather than the traditional IR protocol, and is not compatible with many IR relay devices to my disgust. My Onkyo receiver will not learn the codes, while the STU-200 learnt them perfectly. WHilst this is unrelated it will also not learn the codes of my HD STB, quite annoying!

chrig,

I understand that the FoxTel remote does not use IRDA. Current thinking is that the remote is designed to control multiple STBs and that when you press a button, it sends out these multiple codes - for learning remotes, some don't have the memory to learn large code strings (like my MX-500). It will usually learn the first and maybe the second, which I guess are PACE STBs, but doesn't get the UEC controls I need.

Vince

chrig,

I understand that the FoxTel remote does not use IRDA.  Current thinking is that the remote is designed to control multiple STBs and that when you press a button, it sends out these multiple codes - for learning remotes, some don't have the memory to learn large code strings (like my MX-500).  It will usually learn the first and maybe the second, which I guess are PACE STBs, but doesn't get the UEC controls I need.

Vince

Ahhh! Interesting. So in theory if I get the PACE IR codes I should be able to learn them into the Onkyo remote. Only problem is where do I get a pace remote from!

Cheers Chris

• 4 weeks later...