Sound problem with Teac DVB-350

I have an intermittent problem with my Teac DVB350's sound.

It is connected via digital out to my receiver (Yamaha RXV2300), and s-vid (scart-s-vid adaptor) also via the receivers' video switching (my samsung tv can only take s-vid or composite). There is no scart->composite or stereo cable attached.

The box is set to "dolby" sound out. The reciever is playing this.

Every now and then (It seems to happen on channel two, but I am not sure if it happens on the other channels) when I change channels, the channel comes up, but no sound. If I enter the 'config' menu and change the sound to whatever the other option is ("stereo" I think from memory), the sound is there, and if I rechange it to "dolby" again, the sound is also still there.

This problem will repeat itself again intermittently.

It seems to only occur on channel switching, as I never loose sound in the middle of a broadcast. I never have dropouts with other inputs.

It is not a signal issue (I am in line of sight to the transmission towers).

Any help would be appreciated - I cant help but wonder if it is a bug in the STB.

J

It happens with the Toppy too, I guess that a true Dolby Digital/AC3 stream probably shouldn't be interrupted and suddenly changed to another stream to some amps (I bet if you toggle the amplifier off and on, it will pick up the sound fine too).

If I enter the 'config' menu and change the sound to whatever the other option is ("stereo" I think from memory), the sound is there, and if I rechange it to "dolby" again, the sound is also still there.

You know you can cycle through your sound options using the yellow button on the remote don't you?

I think it happens because the STB remembers the sound option for the channel but when the channel changes its output the box gets confused?