Digitrex/Zensonic DVD and MPG2

I have the Digitrex and Zensonic DVD players which both read MPG1/MPG2/MPG4 dumped onto a CD or DVD.

Will these DVD players read the MPG2 from a Digital TV tuner card? Does it matter on which digital tuner card I get from this perspective?

I have the Digitrex and Zensonic DVD players which both read MPG1/MPG2/MPG4 dumped onto a CD or DVD.

Will these DVD players read the MPG2 from a Digital TV tuner card? Does it matter on which digital tuner card I get from this perspective?

I think you'll find most DVD players will be able to play an MPEG2 file dumped straight onto a disc?

You just need to convert the file from broadcast format to dvd-authoring format before burning it.

Once you've done that, the Zensonic will read it. But if you have lots of time, you're better off converting them to XviD or DivX and putting multiple movies onto the one DVD.

Can the Nebula (when converting on the fly from PVA to DVD MPEG2 recording) also broadcast the DVD MPEG2 streams ?

IIRC some people had no problems getting the Hauppauge MVP and Neuston MC500 to play PVA MPEG2 streams from some cards (ie mux, dump codec's) directly without further conversion ~~~ The VisionPlus / CyberLink combo for example.

When you say all mpg2 files, does that include broadcast format mpg2 or do you have to convert it first?

As I said in my previous post, DVD compliant: meaning converted from broadcast MPEG2 to DVD MPEG2.

Thanks for your help. Its a pity that DVD players cant read broadcast mpg2.

Is there a chance that someone could host a sample broadcast mpg2 captured from a HDTV card that I can download? It only needs to be small (as I am on bloody dialup as I have too much transmission loss to get ADSL). 5mb should be suffice. I just want to play around with it.

Thanks.