JVC AV-32X4BA vs Panasonic TX76PW200a

Hi, kind of new here but my 68cm Loewe Profil Plus is on its way out so I thought it may be time for a new TV.

I commonly watch Austar cable (may move to Austar Digital cable next month now that its available in Darwin, or cancel it and buy a STB) and DVD's 2-3 times per month.

My absolute maximum budget is $3000.

The Panasonic 200a appears to have lots of positive feedback. I've had a browse through the local shops in Darwin and I think I've narrowed my choice down to the JVC AV32X4BA or the Panasonic 76cm 200a. Is the 200a really worth an extra $1000 over the JVC?

There are some runout stock of the Panasonic 86cm 100a and Sony KVEH36M21 for $2800-3000, would I be better off getting one of these?

JVC AV32X4BA - $1749

Panasonic TX76PW200a - $2795

Sony KVEH36M21 - $2995

Panasonic TX86PW100a - $2799

Any feedback that could help me to choose would great!

The two price ranges reflect the order of magnitude difference between the two classes of TV - IF fed with good signals and some adjustments are made via the Service Menus and you are fussy enough to care about the extra cash required.

Thanks ijd. I wasn't sure if price meant everything. I can't audition the two sets in the same shop unfortunately so can't see them side by side with the same source so need to rely on others feedback.

Just looking to justify the extra $1000.

The best price that the 86cm 200a sells for is about $3000 (sometimes even less) in Sydney and surrounds - Surely one could be shipped to darwin and some sort of reasonable cost?

The 76 cm 200a sells for just under $2000. Surely shipping isnt $800 dollars?

Note - There has been some comment on this forum about a 300a - I havent seen any 'official' blurb - but if there is a new model, the 200a's may be clearance stock soon.

J

As an owner of the Pana 76cm, I would say definately got for that. It is avaiable in Sydney for $1900 at the moment (eg Dick Smith's Powerhouse, Moore Park SupaCentre). Even in Darwin, you should be able to do a lot better than 2700 (there are plenty of stores in Sydney with the TV still marked at 2799)

The Pana is a great unit and you will not be disappointed with the image quality. The extra cash you paid will soon be forgotten, and you'll not have that niggling doubt in the back of your mind....!

That JVC does not have component video connections, and features a load of SCART sockets... so you're going to be pretty limited when it comes to cabling. The pana, with good quality component leads, will blow you away. If you can afford the 86 - go for it. The price does seem to be in freefall at the moment so you might get an even better deal if you wait a vcouple more months... Just make sure they don't all sell out!

Send me a PM if you want some hand made cables to go with it :blink:

Cheers

CM

ps just re-read your post - if you can get a quote for 2799 for the 86, then you should probably actually be able to get this for 2500 ish, maybe less? A bargain considering many were sold for 4000 when they were new...!

Got a quote from The Good Guys for a 76cm 300a shipped to Darwin with 5yr warranty for $2500ish.

I'd still be interested to find a 200a for less than $2k since I can't find much info on the 300a.

As an owner of the Pana 76cm, I would say definately got for that. It is avaiable in Sydney for $1900 at the moment (eg Dick Smith's Powerhouse, Moore Park SupaCentre). Even in Darwin, you should be able to do a lot better than 2700 (there are plenty of stores in Sydney with the TV still marked at 2799)

The Pana is a great unit and you will not be disappointed with the image quality. The extra cash you paid will soon be forgotten, and you'll not have that niggling doubt in the back of your mind....!

That JVC does not have component video connections, and features a load of SCART sockets... so you're going to be pretty limited when it comes to cabling. The pana, with good quality component leads, will blow you away. If you can afford the 86 - go for it. The price does seem to be in freefall at the moment so you might get an even better deal if you wait a vcouple more months... Just make sure they don't all sell out!

Send me a PM if you want some hand made cables to go with it  :blink:

Cheers

CM

ps just re-read your post - if you can get a quote for 2799 for the 86, then you should probably actually be able to get this for 2500 ish, maybe less? A bargain considering many were sold for 4000 when they were new...!