DVI Switch Group Buy

Who is up for another group buy on Gefen DVI switches

I have a problem i have a DVI STB and DVI DVD and soon another DVi DVD but with one DVI input makes it a little hard .

Nice poll choices! :blink:

(BTW: Sorry, but I was forced to abstain!) :P

Yeah I know but you have to have two choices for a poll and i need to register interest before looking into it

I have a problem i have a DVI STB and DVI DVD and soon another DVi DVD but with one DVI input makes it a little hard .

Yeah I know but you have to have two choices for a poll and i need to register interest before looking into it

Maybe you should have put:

1) Interested.

2) I'll say I'm interested, but in fact I'm one of those bloody time wasters who wasn't really serious in the first place and just stuffs everyone around... (aka tyre-kicker)

(Sorry!)

1) Interested.

2) I'll say I'm interested, but in fact I'm one of those bloody time wasters who wasn't really serious in the first place and just stuffs everyone around... (aka tyre-kicker)

(Sorry!)

Lol

I was trying to be a little nicer today but that is along the lines on what i wanted to put in but what the hell

what cost are we looking at?

1) Interested.

(Sorry!)

Lol

I was trying to be a little nicer today but thats is alone the lines on what i wanted to put in but what the hell

1) Interested.

(Sorry!)

Lol

I was trying to be a little nicer today but thats is alone the lines on what i wanted to put in but what the hell

Normally the Gefer 1 in and 2 out would be around the $400 and the 1 in 4 out is $600

a search on Sensis shows Microgram can do 1 x 2 for $160 and cheaper to $125 elsewhere.

What would a group purchase of the Gefen 1 x 4 come down to each?

1) Interested.

(Sorry!)

Lol

Normally the Gefer 1 in and 2 out would be around the $400 and the 1 in 4 out is $600

a search on Sensis shows Microgram can do 1 x 2 for $160 and cheaper to $125 elsewhere.

What would a group purchase of the Gefen 1 x 4 come down to each?

1) Interested.

(Sorry!)

Lol

Not sure at this stage dude have to wait to see if we get some good numbers before approching a retailer or distributor

Be warned there are still unresolved issues with Gefen Boxes. Gefen are still not able to fix my box, initially they said there were no problems, now they say there is a problem but nox fix yet. Do a search on US Forums under Gefen and you come up with a lot of issues particulary mixing HDMI and DVI. I am not trying to put anyone off just trying to save people the drama involved in dealing with an overseas company that seem extremely slow in trying to resolve problems.

Be warned there are still unresolved issues with Gefen Boxes. Gefen are still not able to fix my box, initially they said there were no problems, now they say there is a problem but nox fix yet. Do a search on US Forums under Gefen and you come up with a lot of issues particulary mixing HDMI and DVI. I am not trying to put anyone off just trying to save people the drama involved in dealing with an overseas company that seem extremely slow in trying to resolve problems.

Thanks for the heads up dude i will look into it

darrylp i think has had some luck with the gefens. From memory think he said theres a model to stay away from and theres one thats working well for him. not sure if hes had any issues as yet

By memory DdarrylP had the DVI Gefen switch which he reported no problems using DVI componets. My problem is a HDMI Gefen switch that plays up with a DVI input. If you only need DVI capability then the Gefen will probably be OK, just buy in Australia with a good return policy.

• 4 weeks later...