Re-Scan Needed for NBN Service.

All,

There have been some changes in the NBN stream on the Gold Coast due to the upcoming Daylight savings changes.

These changes could produce symptoms like Momentary freezing every 2-5 seconds, breaking up audio or loss of picture totally. All you should need to do to is a rescan on UHF channel 68 and you should have NBN back again error free.

Even if you are not having any symptoms, I would reccomend a re-scan to alleviate any possible future problems.

If there are further problems, note them here in this forum post, or PM me through the board.

SteveB

Hi Steve,

I'm using a DVICO FusionHDTV tuned into NBN's cricket coverage, and I can't get MPEG audio on the SD stream, or AC3 audio on the HD. This makes the only configuration with sound being the SD channel with the AC3 audio.

Am I an isolated problem or are other people experiencing this as well?

Thanks

IHC,

The PID's for all Audios and Videos are the same. The only thing that changed is the PCR PID's for both services. Some boxes/cards would read the Program Map Tables for the services and adjust themselves accordingly. Some boxes/cards don't do this, so on the PCR change they won't be able to lock to the stream. This will cause picture flashing/Breakup.

All I can think of to try for you is to re-scan again. From our checks, the Audio is there.

Evan, We'll look at the EPG.

SteveB

Steve,

NBN's Now/Next was perfect yesterday as it is today.

I notice today that Prime's NAN is out by an hour (apparently Seven News is presented by Tim the Toolman...... maybe it should be! :blink:).

Maybe there is some sort of issue with NAN when switching between live programming (eg cricket on Sunday, Melb Cup today) and delayed programming.

One of the little hiccups that arise from being in the only overlap area which straddles a timezone boundary.

Evan :->

Maybe there is some sort of issue with NAN when switching between live programming (eg cricket on Sunday, Melb Cup today) and delayed programming.

One of the little hiccups that arise from being in the only overlap area which straddles a timezone boundary.

Evan :->

Evan,

Quite correct.

Basically when we switch from delayed to live programming, the Gold Coast becomes part of NSW (well according to our automation it does). Hence the times start to go out. The EPG starts getting NSW time information, and the times get inserted wrong. Unfortunately theres no easy way to fix it, however we are looking at a way to do this. Bit of a jump to the right, step to the left and re-insert the number you first thought of.

SteveB

Ooops sorry I thought you being a satellite guy I would give you a satellite answer. Sorry I stand corrected. When you suggested EPG software similarities, one would assume that being a twin tuner as opposed to a single tuner box that the software would look/perform, perhaps similar but nothing like the 5000.

However.......I can/could be wrong.

Thankyou for your correction.

Guest foxmulder881

Is there any other channels I have to rescan. My channel 10 is playing up a little. But that comes from Brisbane with no daylight savings change?