DVICO Fusion HDTV Version 3.0beta1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've given it a go. The new next and now doesn't look fantastic. It actually looks very clunky.

It is able to display the program descriptions for (next and now), but overall it is difficult to use. You have to use the keyboard (or remote) to 'select' the option. To be honest, I prefer the previous incarnation. I'll definitely be sending my suggestions/designs for the user interface to DViCO.

Timeshifting works.

Well, I've given it a go. The new next and now doesn't look fantastic. It actually looks very clunky.

It is able to display the program descriptions for (next and now), but overall it is difficult to use. You have to use the keyboard (or remote) to 'select' the option. To be honest, I prefer the previous incarnation. I'll definitely be sending my suggestions/designs for the user interface to DViCO.

Timeshifting works.

Whatever you do, don't shoot the messenger.

I agree with you!

Cheers

Renura

I'm not shooting you Renura.

It'll be interesting what 'Kenneth' says - he supposedly sent DViCO his designs, on which they based some of the designs :S

To tell the truth, I don't know. We were not even involved in the "pre-beta" testing on this occasion.

Cheers

Renura

I'm not shooting you Renura. :P

It'll be interesting what 'Kenneth' says - he supposedly sent DViCO his designs, on which they based some of the designs :S

When I've installed it, I will see what DVICO have done and then shoot the true messenger (DVICO).

I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented your designs poorly. Some of your other design work has been good. :blink: Even though there is timeshifting - looks like I'll be sticking to the current stable release.

Here is a taste of it:

http://img98.exs.cx/img98/8263/next_now.jpg

For some reason, when you exit full screen while the next and now is on, it covers up your desktop. I should also note that there the next and now 'bar' doesn't dissappear automatically after a few seconds anymore - which isn't a good thing.

http://img98.exs.cx/img98/2166/next_now_desktop.jpg

Here's a taste of the 'Advanced OSD':

http://img80.exs.cx/img80/6664/advanced_osd.jpg

MCE 2k5 still does not work. It finds the card but no channels sigh :blink:

The fusion software finds the channels and quality appears marginally better la de da.

Very dissapointed.

And yes i know that they said MCE drivers for November. Lol they got this in the final minute so i guess ill have to wait until 30 Nov to actually get it working with MCE.

Rygar

The advanced OSD is no way the style I planned it.

Also, the images are damn ugly.

Looks like it's time to do another suggestion (mainly due to the fact I lost the old concept design in a hard drive crash around August :blink: )

Just as I thought - I wouldn't have expected anything like that from you, Kenneth.

Well, hopefully they'll improve it within the next release - or put it back how it was.

The advanced OSD is no way the style I planned it.

Also, the images are damn ugly.

Looks like it's time to do another suggestion (mainly due to the fact I lost the old concept design in a hard drive crash around August :blink: )

Just as I thought - I wouldn't have expected anything like that from you, Kenneth.

Well, hopefully they'll improve it within the next release - or put it back how it was.

Just wondering, can I have a look at your mockups.

Also, I have found that timeshifting works but it is unacceptable if you have limited hard drive space as it is only able to be turned on via the configuration.

Also, the menu changes the aspect ratio to some real strange AR.

Sure - I'll post some when I have a chance. If you post yours too.  :P  :blink:  Do you want to post on the forum, or should we just e-mail to each other?

I'm not really able to at the moment - quite busy, and my computer isn't even available for use for a few days (needs replacement parts).

I will be posting mine on the forum (when I have finished them. Getting a job, having a web design client, making something using PHP, my fiddiling with various graphic design stuff and TAFE homework is making me rather busy)

Just spent an hour upgrading and doing some testing. Installation was a pain, as it only found 2 out of 5 components automatically. Also had to rescan channels, and it missed Ch10 on the first go.

I did some channel changing, and managed to crash it twice in 15 minutes. Don’t think I’ve ever crashed the older versions like this.

Can’t wait to find out if they’ve fixed the streaming bug I wrote about.

Installed the latest FusionHDTV V3.0. In addition am using the ATI Catalyst drivers v4.10 (latest). Can report that...

- I'm pretty sure the "Horizontal Blinks"; de-interlacing problem has been fixed!!! Well haven't noticed it! (thanks DVICO!)

The only thing is that new NOW-NEXT EPG thing...

- don't think it disappears after a few seonds like the old one

- The idea is there anyway...

DVICO seems to be good with their software support, updates and bug fixing :blink:

I just installed this version - now my SD channels have a green flicker line about 1cm high all the way across the screen. It goes away if I activate "now and next" but comes back if I turn that off.

Anybody else get this? It does not happen on HD channels.