Strong 5390 drops out of standby

Hi,

We have just purchased a Strong 5390 with the 120GB disc :blink: and have noticed the following strange behaviour:

1. Power off using the remote. The standby light is lit and the display on the front shows the current time. This is what we expect.

2. About 30 seconds later, the box turns on again. The remote TV/STB and standby lights all go on and the display shows --:--

3. The machine then turns off and goes into standby again (only the standby light is on) but the display shows 00:00 as the time. The time does not change. The time is correct when it is turned back on.

Does anyone elses machine do this? Is there a way to display the time in standby mode.

Thanks

That is strange behaviour!

What software version is the new 120GB version running?

- Miles.

How do i find the version ?

Thanks

Peter

Its on one of the menu pages. (Press menu, then ???? - sorry, not at home at the moment... if no-ones answered by the time I've had a look, I'll fill in the details. Its not hard to find, btw.)

Set your clock to maual, set the time and all should be OK. Never bothered to use the channels clock time since I setup my 5390B and it is still showing the same time as my QTR2140.

Ive just received a 5390B 80Gig (on special) running 30 June 2004 firmware.

It seems to require the clock be set manually (which anyway is more reliable than the networks)

Are there some setup options that Im not seeing - ie how to I get to an auto option ?

Ive also noticed some odd behaviour - it got seriously confused when I unplugged the ariel

and I had to do a cold restart - even the front standby switch had no effect.

Once powered up it was fine - except that the channel number (2) I was watching had lost

all sense of its relationship to VHF11 which I manually rescanned.

Upshot : is the logical operation of this device (or firmware release) related to reception issues ?

Cheers BJ

This would like bad user programs crashing an operating system -

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

quote=petermac,Oct 28 2004, 04:50 PM]

Hi,

We have just purchased a Strong 5390 with the 120GB disc :blink: and have noticed the following strange behaviour:

1. Power off using the remote. The standby light is lit and the display on the front shows the current time. This is what we expect.

2. About 30 seconds later, the box turns on again. The remote TV/STB and standby lights all go on and the display shows --:--

3. The machine then turns off and goes into standby again (only the standby light is on) but the display shows 00:00 as the time. The time does not change. The time is correct when it is turned back on.

Does anyone elses machine do this? Is there a way to display the time in standby mode.

Thanks