DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Lite

zork

Hi all,

My new digital capture card looks as though it's going to work but there is consant vision stuttering and audio break up about every 1/2 second which makes it unwatchable. Signal strength is very good.

I'm running an Adaptec 1200A RAID controller which plugs into the PCI bus. It's on IRQ 17.

The HD card is on IRQ 16. However, IRQ 16 is also shared with the NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4200 card.

I have two possible reasons for the stuttering vision/sound problem.

1) The Ti4200 and the FusionHDTV card don't like the same interrupt

2) The RAID controller is not sharing the PCI bus efficiently with the FusionHDTV card.

Under WindowsXP there appears to be no way to change the IRQ of any of these devices. I'd like to try the system with just an IDE hard disk and pull out the Adaptec RAID but when I tried that before there were all sorts of re-installation problems with the RAID card and it took 6 hours to fix. (Probably a BIOS problem with the way it detects changes cards in PCI slots)

Is anyone else using this card and having similar problems?

Zork

Hey there!

I had the exact same problem.

I'll tell you how to fix it, although its quite annoying and this is only a quick fix :blink:

Restart your computer, and then before you do ANYTHING else, go into your device manager, go to Sound & Graphics controllers (something like that), then find the thing that finishes with something like (DVB-T2)!

Right click on it, then go to uninstall.. then once its uninstalled, just click on the Actions menu, then Scan for hardware changes.. once its all installed again, open up the fusion software, should work a charm!

Let me kno how u go!

Hey there!

I had the exact same problem.

I'll tell you how to fix it, although its quite annoying and this is only a quick fix :blink:

Restart your computer, and then before you do ANYTHING else, go into your device manager, go to Sound & Graphics controllers (something like that), then find the thing that finishes with something like (DVB-T2)!

Right click on it, then go to uninstall.. then once its uninstalled, just click on the Actions menu, then Scan for hardware changes.. once its all installed again, open up the fusion software, should work a charm!

Let me kno how u go!

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it multiple time, in multiple combinations but it still did not work.

I then installed WindowsXP on a brand new hard disk and removed the RAID from the system. Guess what? It worked. It appears the Fusion card is happy to share the interrupt with the Nvidia card. However, the problem was the RAID card. My guess is that because the Fusion card and the RAID card are both on the same PCI bus, and because the RAID most probably needs a lot of bandwidth the two are conflicting.

I also tried the USB/IR remote control on the non-RAID system which works well in full screen. However, after playing a file, the screen remains blank and does not switch back to live TV.

I also notice that it gets the channel delegatoin wrong with the TV recording scheduluer. What says Channel 9 in the list records channel 7. It appears a pointer is getting messed up in the record list somewhere.

It also doesn't record a show if there's not enough hard disk space. For example, A one hour recording was not done because it was short 300Mb from the 7Gb estimated recording size. It would have been nice if they recorded as much as they could rather than nothing!

Apart from that it *almost* looks like it could be a replacement PC for a PVR.

All we need now is good HTPC software, or maybe MCE2005 from Microsoft and it would be greate.

I also notice that it gets the channel delegatoin wrong with the TV recording scheduluer. What says Channel 9 in the list records channel 7. It appears a pointer is getting messed up in the record list somewhere.

It also doesn't record a show if there's not enough hard disk space. For example, A one hour recording was not done because it was short 300Mb from the 7Gb estimated recording size. It would have been nice if they recorded as much as they could rather than nothing!

I’ve never had this happen from the Scheduler, but the bullet highlighting the channel in the list from the "3 Star" Favorite Channels button can indeed show the wrong channel and is not to be trusted (still not fixed with 3.0beta1).

I haven’t had the second problem happen for a long time, maybe because I’ve been really diligent in calculating the space required.