TwinHan BDA Driver for MCE 2005

Hi Guys,

Following some limited testing by various people across the world I am going to give public access to the latest version of the BDA drivers.

These can be downloaded here

Please note that feedback indicates the following:

1. MCE2005 does not appear to support AC3 audio. (only ATSC AC3 is supported)

2. The HDTV display supports up to 1280x768 only, (many HD programs are up

to 1920x1080i or 1440x1080i)

3. MCE2005 does not include any MPEG2 decoder, so you should install a MPEG2

decoder first, either IVI, Cyberlink, Elecard, or Nvidia. (use the latest revision please)

4. Not all VGA cards can support MCE2005 well, the only VGA card TwinHan tested ok is Nvidia GeForce4 MX440

5. Some people who have tested in Australia are having difficulties tuning all the channels

You should also note that we can not provide support for this product, we are only doing for the benefit of our many customers and others that have a VP card.

Cheers

Renura

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gizmomelb

ahh this is good news re: the bugs.. I was thinking all the other BDA cards I'd been testing with MCE 2005 were faulty!

the main problem is I cannot tune channel 9 or SBS.

I'm sure the HD channels were working ok for me (no idea about AC3 audio though, all I've currently got access to is a pair of stereo speakers).

nvidia 5200 works fine with MCE 2005 as well (from my experience).

Gizmomelb

Please note MCE BDA Drivers for the VP have just been updated to Version 1.2.0.1.

Hi Guys,

The good news (for those interested) is that current feedback indicates these drivers are working well with MCE 2005.

So if you are an MCE 2005 user, grab them and have a go. :blink:

Cheers

Renura

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Renura:

I've followed the instructions you outline above.

When I right click on the AU.inf file and select install nothing really happens.

Within MCE I don't have the MyTV option and when I go into settings and select TV I receive the error message "Tuner Not Found. The tuner hardware is either malfunctioning or not installed."

The TV Tuner software supplied with the card works perfectly. I've installed the Digital TV Service Pack for MCE also. Any ideas?

Thanks.

bernie.

Hi Renura:

I've followed the instructions you outline above.

When I right click on the AU.inf file and select install nothing really happens.

Within MCE I don't have the MyTV option and when I go into settings and select TV I receive the error message "Tuner Not Found. The tuner hardware is either malfunctioning or not installed."

Go to the dvice manager, highlight the DTV drivers, right click update drivers, point to the folder here you have the divers, select MCE for Australia.

The drivers should install. re-boot, run MC and it should recognise the drivers

Cheers

Renura

Hi Guys,

For those that might be interested.

A new version (1.2.1.2) of the BDA drivers for the VisionPlus PCI cards is available here.

This version support DVB-s and well as DVB-t PCI cards.

Please note - these drivers are provided as a service to the VisionPlus users' community, with no support provided from DigitalNow or myself - use at your own risk :blink:

Cheers

Renura

Hi,

I have not been able to get my Twinhan VisionPlus VisionDTV-Ter card to be recognised by MCE 2005, and was wondering if anyone had any success with this. I have been trying every combination of driver installation for 3 days ... very frustrating.

These are the steps I took (which haven't worked!) - have I missed something important?

1. a clean install of MCE2005 (on my basic Pc, Gigabyte GA-7VAX1374, 1GHz Athlon, 512MB, NVIDIA GeForce MX420, latest bios and drivers)

2. then installed the Twinhan VP card (VisionPlus VisionDTV-Ter model 3201)

3. card was recognised by XP MCE, and I installed the drivers that came with it on CD, and I tested it using the TwinHan DTW application - worked perfectly, found all the channels.

4. then fired up MCE and i got the error, as I sort of expected (MCE >> settings >> TV >> error message "Tuner Not Found. The tuner hardware is either malfunctioning or not installed.")

5. then downloaded renura's version 1.201 drivers (http://users.bigpond.net.au/renura/BDADriverV1.2.0.1.zip) and installed using the Device Manager, selecting "DTV Video COntroller" and selecting "update Driver" >> "Install from a specific location" >> "don't search, I will choose" >> "have disk" > point to THBDA_MCE_AU.inf, and select "twinhan DVB BDA Tuner Driver(MCE Australia) >> and then select continue anyway when it says it is unsigned.

Then I fired up media center and get the same error, tuner not found.

I have then tried installing the newer drivers, http://www.digitalnow.com.au/TwinhanBDA1212.zip with no success either.

Can anyone shed some light on this, have I missed something here? :blink:

Cheers,

Calvin.

5. then downloaded renura's version 1.201 drivers (http://users.bigpond.net.au/renura/BDADriverV1.2.0.1.zip) and installed using the Device Manager, selecting "DTV Video COntroller" and selecting "update Driver" >> "Install from a specific location" >> "don't search, I will choose" >> "have disk" > point to THBDA_MCE_AU.inf, and select "twinhan DVB BDA Tuner Driver(MCE Australia) >> and then select continue anyway when it says it is unsigned.

Did you update the "DTV Audio Controller"?

Did you update the "DTV Audio Controller"?

:blink:

OMG. i feel so stupid! i didn't see the audio driver still there. It works now.

Thanks so much renura!!!!!

:P

OMG. i feel so stupid! i didn't see the audio driver still there. It works now.

Thanks so much renura!!!!!

Glad to hear it worked for you :blink:

Don't worry, its better to ask and get there in the end than frustrate yourself for nothing, It is easy to overlook the obvious.

Cheers

Renura

Hi Guys,

Further update on this.

BDA drivers version 1.2.1.2 have now received WHQL certification.

They support DVB-t, DVB-s, DVB-c and ATSC.

You can download them Here

Initial reports from customers indicate that they work very well, nevertheless use at your own risk. :blink:

Cheers

Renura

Hi Renura

Please excuse my ignorance, but what advantages do the BDA drivers have over the standard VP/Twinhan drivers?

Thanks

Sway

Hi Sway,

BDA = Broadcast Driver Architecture, is a MS standard for how a TV card device driver should be written. It is part of the MS DirectX family of APIs and is the core of how TV is implemented in their Media Center Edition (MCE).

It basically allows the use of any BDA compliant application (eg ShowShifter, Webscheduler BDA, etc) to work with a device that has such drivers.

Cheers

Renura

Hi Renura,

Do you have Twinhan's USB2 BDA driver?  proprietary driver & software?

it can not download from its website...

http://www.twinhan.com/product_terrestrial_7.asp

as well as its USB1.1 BDA driver?

I don't see how the MagicBox USB 2.0 drivers would be useful for you Richi as it is only for Australia (which is interesting).

Renura, could you shed some light on this?

Hi Renura,

Do you have Twinhan's USB2 BDA driver? proprietary driver & software?

it can not download from its website...

http://www.twinhan.com/product_terrestrial_7.asp

as well as its USB1.1 BDA driver?

Hi Richi,

Yes I do have all of those, however I am not at liberty to release them, I suggest you walk down the road (or a simple local call woudl do) and ask TwinHan.

Cheers

Renura

• 2 weeks later...

I have downloaded the Twinhan BDA drivers ver 1.2.1.2 and I installed the DVB-s .inf (i.e. the one in the top level folder), but MCE still doesn't see the tuner...

I have a TH 1030A DVB-s card.

Has anyone been successful with DVB-s and these BDA drivers?

I read all about the fact that the MCE BDA driver definition for DVB-s is not ready yet, but I am hoping that someone got this working.

I have installed all MCE updates, as far as I can tell.

Thanks for your help

Has anyone been successful with DVB-s and these BDA drivers?

MCE does not recognize the drivers. My undernstanding is that MCE does not support DVB-s yet.

I have had these drivers working with a DVB-s device using other BDA based applications.

Cheers

Renura