Dvico FusionHDTV access violations

After many days of attempting to get my FusionHDTV card operating under linux, I've decided to (temporarily) get it going under windows (XP SP2).

Still, it does not work!

The FusionHDTV software scans for channels, but only finds five (one SD channel for each of ABC, SBS, Ten, Nine & Seven). Shouldn't there be about 20? Where are all the HD channels?

When I attempt to view any of these channels, all I get is a popup window saying "Access violation at address XXX in module 'ZuluPsiParse2.ax'. Read of address XXX".

Has anyone else found this problem? What's happening?

Here is my system:

Shuttle SS51G case

Celeron 2.6GHz processor

Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T tuner card

Albatron GeForce MX4000 video card

512MB RAM

There was talk on another thread about IRQ conflicts with some shuttles.

Has anyone had success with the SS51G?

How does one tell whether an IRQ conflict is occurring?

Thanks.

The FusionHDTV software scans for channels, but only finds five (one SD channel for each of ABC, SBS, Ten, Nine & Seven). Shouldn't there be about 20? Where are all the HD channels?

There are 5 channels and several subchannels. If you click on the small number next to the channel number on the control panel, you should see all the sub channels. You can also add all subchannels to the favorite list for ease of use.

When I attempt to view any of these channels, all I get is a popup window saying "Access violation at address XXX in module 'ZuluPsiParse2.ax'. Read of address XXX".

This is something I have never heard before, in any case try re-registering this filter, see how you go.

The fact that you seem to have difficulties running it under linux as well, might indicate some other problems. To make sure that the card is actually working, try it on a different PC if you can, if that works, then there must be some hardware/software incompatibility issue.

Cheers

Renura

I get access violations also...... different to yours but.

Given up on the bodgy sofware,  use Digital Watch and Web Scheduler

I seem to be a victim of the sodtware too.. I couldnt find the alternative you suggested doing a Google search..

Mostly my problems seem to be with one channel-the strongest signal one !!

Could you point me in the direction of Digital Watch and Web Scheduler

This is something I have never heard before, in any case try re-registering this filter, see how you go.

What does "re-registering this filter" mean? I've re-installed the Dvico software about 5 times, but have not seen any options for registering filters.

The fact that you seem to have difficulties running it under linux as well, might indicate some other problems. To make sure that the card is actually working, try it on a different PC if you can, if that works, then there must be some hardware/software incompatibility issue.

This could very well be the case, which is why I'm curious if any others have had any luck with this combination of hardware. It seemed to work fine on a friend's full-sized PC.

What does "re-registering this filter" mean? I've re-installed the Dvico software about 5 times, but have not seen any options for registering filters.

Go to your Program Files/DVICO/FusionHDTV/ folder, open a DOS shell and type:

regsvr32 ZuluPsiParse2.ax

Having said that I suspect that this is actually unlikely to be the issue.

Given also that you said the card works fine in another PC, I would guess that it is to do with your set up, and not necessarily the hardware setup.

I presume you have not tried re-installing your video card drivers or OS, yet?

Cheers

Renura

I presume you have not tried re-installing your video card drivers or OS, yet?

Actually, reinstalling drivers has helped a lot. I'm still getting the occasional (non-fatal) access violation, but I've at least now got video! Thanks for your help.

I had thought that this card/bundled software supported time shifting (which I think is the term for pausing live TV and then taking up where you left off?). But pressing the pause button while watching live TV does nothing. Was reading that my imagination?

So now that I've proven to myself that this DVB-T card will operate OK with the Shuttle SS51G box, I now need to get it running under linux.

Does anyone know enough about windows/linux/PC hardware to comment on whether hardware compatability running under windows SHOULD infer hardware compatability running under linux? If enough people are getting this FusionHDTV card running under linux, does that mean I should be able to do it on my platform, given that it works under windows?

Thanks again.