make an RGB > Component cable

Can anyone confirm..

if I decide to knock up a cable then these are the only pinouts I will need?

scart RGB > Component input TV

5 BGND RGB Blue Ground           

7 B RGB Blue                             

9 GGND RGB Green Ground         

11 G RGB Green                         

13 RGND RGB Red Ground         

15 R RGB Red / Chrominance     

:blink:

Yep. :P

But if the Scart can be switched to either RGB or Component (eg. the Toppy), then this cable can be used for both.

Correct Ian as usual, that's why we were waiting for Foxtel to configure the scart connector via firmware upgrade on the pace stb for component output and now its done that now[above connector] should also work on Foxtel

cheers laurie

But if the Scart can be switched to either RGB or Component (eg. the Toppy), then this cable can be used for both.

Correct Ian as usual, that's why we were waiting for Foxtel to configure the scart connector via firmware upgrade on the pace stb for component output and now its done that now[above connector] should also work on Foxtel

cheers laurie

Laurie,

I've heard they're no longer updating because of bugs in the firmware. So if you force an update now, you'll go back to the non-conponent version.

thanks guyz..

not sure I can justify $120.. not when I need atleast that for a decent 2.4GHz AV TxRx package. S-video isn't perfect, it isn't component but it certainly poo-pooz over composite. I've only got a 4:3 Panasonic 68" anyway.. but it does have component in> which I currently use for DVD. .. and HEY I'd need a component switch then for DVD or TV.. see.. it's endless.. but my $$$$ aint!

Asa

thanks guyz..

not sure I can justify $120.. not when I need atleast that for a decent 2.4GHz AV TxRx package. S-video isn't perfect, it isn't component but it certainly poo-pooz over composite. I've only got a 4:3 Panasonic 68" anyway.. but it does have component in> which I currently use for DVD. .. and HEY I'd need a component switch then for DVD or TV.. see.. it's endless.. but my $$$$ aint!

Asa

I had my fox digital connected via S-video and was happy with it too. I now have it running through my DVD-R, which conveniently acts as an RGB to component convertor. There is a bit of a difference, but I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. You're probably wise saving your $120 for something else.

Laurie,

I've heard they're no longer updating because of bugs in the firmware. So if you force an update now, you'll go back to the non-conponent version.

Venus

Thanks for that do you know if the bug is related to the video side or menu functions

cheers laurie

Laurie,

Venus

Thanks for that do you know if the bug is related to the video side or menu functions

cheers laurie

Hi Laurie,

All I know is what I read in another post.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=10120&st=60 (look at post #77). I have a UEC STU so it was never an issue for me anyway! It seems some people had problems getting audio out of the scart if it was set to component, but I don't know if this was a genuine problem or user error.

I've compared component out on the fox box to rgb out with the converter, and the converter is much better on a Sony CRT.

Hmmmm...might just move the pace box into the next room where my pj is and see how good/bad it is on component let you guys know what I find!

cheers laurie

hi guys,

just trying to make sense of all this,

okay i got the update for digital with the component out. I have a 108cm sony rear pro 4x3 with the three gun system, ie not lcd or dlp.

I purchased the dse scart to yuv converter which works fine, but haven't found the picture quality to be measurably better than just scart to svideo.

If i got a scart to rgb cable or the 120 rgb to yuv box would i see much improvement??

Cheers

Aaron

aaron, I would very much doubt it, as when the STB outputs RGB it is infact derived from the component that it is outputing now, so to use RGB or the RGB>YUV converter is only going to add a further process that can only reduce the signal quality.

I suggest you are seeing no gain due to limitations in your display.

Cyril