No HD Movies

So ch9 now follows ch10 sunday line up leaving only ch7 showing sunday movies!! what now for HD movies!!

cheers laurie

ps cannot wait for HD-DVD  it appears FTA/PAY are not interested

Dunno about HD, but it seems they are putting more of their movies on at the lunchtime slot. It used to be only seven with midday movie, but now ten's joined the club. (BTW: Have you ever heard Ten's pre-movie announcement for the midday movie - very funny!)

They still put movies on Fridays (well, in the non-footy/rugby/ghettoball/curling/ice-hockey/whatever season, at least), and seem to randomly place them all over the week these days.

In fact, the predictablity of the weekly schedules has really gone out the window of late! I see Nine is putting that rather feeble Cold Case on tonight!?!

And Ten moved NCIS into the Sunday movie slot, then out of it, now off the air altogther; brought in "The Handler"; dumped "The Handler" ; Nine sees ABC has success with Midsomer, puts on Midsomer repeats .... etc ...

About the only thing you can count on, is that the best shows (Sopranos/6 Feet/Oz/etc) are always on late...... :blink:

Oh, and the Golden Rule of TV (also known as Toppy's Law)...

"Thou shalt put all thy best programmes on opposite each other in the great Attrition-Fest that is Ratings"! :P:P

From http://www.widescreentv.info/

Santa - no comments on the website ok!

Nine's Widescreen High Definition Movies:

Lethal Weapon 3 (Friday 1 October)

The Animal (with Dolby 5.1 audio) (Sunday 3 October except Adelaide)

Caddyshack II (Sunday 3 October)

Collateral Damage (Sunday 10 October)

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory (Saturday 16 October)

Not many movies at all - however I am suprised we have them at all, where else in the world can you view HD movies other than US Satellite Networks and NINE/10 Australia?

there is sbs. Its a recent strategy to show foreign movies on sunday night starting at 8:30pm. It could be a winner as their movies finish around 10pm - 10:30pm latest since theyre devoid of adds.

I think the sunday night movie thing has not been a winner for the fta channels because they have slowly packed them full of adds with add breaks every 8 min!.

Most sunday night movies have been going till 11:30pm with the odd one going till 12:30am. How many people are going to sit up watching a movie that late on a sunday night - especially since they can get a dvd rental anytime.

there is sbs. Its a recent strategy to show foreign movies on sunday night starting at 8:30pm. It could be a winner as their movies finish around 10pm - 10:30pm latest since theyre devoid of adds.

I think the sunday night movie thing has not been a winner for the fta channels because they have slowly packed them full of adds with add breaks every 8 min!.

Most sunday night movies have been going till 11:30pm with the odd one going till 12:30am. How many people are going to sit up watching a movie that late on a sunday night - especially since they can get a dvd rental anytime.

I'd tend to agree.

Unfortunately, SBS will probably switch its lineup again just to spite its face!

It was a calculated act of bastardry to place the Iron Chef on at 8:30pm on saturday rather than the original 7:30pm, simply because they saw ABC had huge ratings for their soap (Bill).

Now Saturday 8:30 is a "designated battleground", like the Monday night quality-slot (aka night-slot) with Oz/6feet, etc...