New Hitachi PD5200 Plasma Panels

Ok Guys,

Just read the first two reviews on the upcoming Hitachi PD5200 (upgrade to the PD5000) panels. The reviews were awesome. Both the reviews were comparing the newer models from various brands, and selected Hitachi to be the pick of the bunch. Admittedly, it was just magazine reviews (HomeCinema Choice, and something similar, can't remember the name), but so far it is looking positive.....

With the new NEC just being released, and a new Panasonic as well. Newones from Hitachi, Pioneer, Sony, etc. on the horizon... the market is about to heat up.....would be interesting to see what prices people might be getting these babies at around christmas time....

So anyone has more news on the upcoming Hitachi? (Not that I need one :blink:)

cheers,

Ritesh

Hi Ritesh,

think youre a bit confused here perhaps with model no's the pd5200 are not the "new" hitachis to be released - theyre the same as the ones we have.

check out the review here:

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/di...p?reviewid=4360

the new ones are shown here - quite different:

http://www.hitachi.us/tv/browse/plasma/plasma/42hdt51.shtml

model no is - 42HDT51 from the us site above.

Hi Alain,

Thanks for the review link.

The current series is 5000 (the previous one was 3000), the new one in Europe and Oz is 5200. The review in HomeCinema Choice for the 42'' version was done in June, and the current magazine has the new 32'' version reviewed.

The model numbers in US are quite separate (they WERE separate for the current and previous series as well...)... AND usually there are quite a bit of differences between the US and the "rest of the world" models....Thus I wouldn't take too much notice of the US model/s...

My guess would be that in the next month or so, 5200 series will be released around Australia.....which has got really good reviews in the Europe, where it was release a few months ago....

cheers,

Ritesh

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Alain,

The current series is 5000 (the previous one was 3000), the new one in Europe and Oz is 5200. The review in HomeCinema Choice for the 42'' version was done in June, and the current magazine has the new 32'' version reviewed.

The model numbers in US are quite separate (they WERE separate for the current and previous series as well...)... AND usually there are quite a bit of differences between the US and the "rest of the world" models....Thus I wouldn't take too much notice of the US model/s...

My guess would be that in the next month or so, 5200 series will be released around Australia.....which has got really good reviews in the Europe, where it was release a few months ago....

cheers,

Ritesh

I don't think the 5200 is a new model. If you go to Hitachi's UK website, you will see that the PD5000 is the same as our 5000MA, the PD5200 appears to be the same as our 5000TA, and the 5300 our 5000VA. I don't see how the 5200 is a new model when the specs of the panel is the same as the 5000. The US panel on the other hand has 1billion colour. I am after our local 5000TA, so if there is definitely a new model coming, can someone please tell me!

Hi Alain,

cheers,

Ritesh

I don't think the 5200 is a new model. If you go to Hitachi's UK website, you will see that the PD5000 is the same as our 5000MA, the PD5200 appears to be the same as our 5000TA, and the 5300 our 5000VA. I don't see how the 5200 is a new model when the specs of the panel is the same as the 5000. The US panel on the other hand has 1billion colour. I am after our local 5000TA, so if there is definitely a new model coming, can someone please tell me!

I agree on this one. If you read all the uk reviews (home cinema choice website - link above)on the 5200 you will find it is exactly the same(look and specs) to the model we have here in oz. I think the link I posted above to the US model will be the new one for us.