Dvico Fusion DVB-T or visionplus

FusionHDTV. The VisionPlus (Even with third-party software) has issues which haven't been resolved.

The FusionHDTV has analogue inputs for if you want to record off a VHS machine onto your computer, a good tuner and software that works well (and is showing key signs of improvement as they keep on adding new features and fixing bugs). It also has support for 3rd party software.

EDIT: Oh yeah, make sure you buy the FusionHDTV from DigitalNow as they have the cheapest price and if you see it cheaper, they will match the price.

Also, if you buy the card from DigitalNow, you will get a discount when the DNTV Live! software comes out and also you will get excellent local support.

Edited by kenneth

Kenneth

It's noticeable that your employment prospects have improved greatly

Surely your advocacy for one supplier DN as posted above goes beyond the norms required in this forum.

I don't see any balance presented at all !

Well, I have only dealt with DigitalNow and my employment prospects have improved. I have got a job as a christmas casual salesperson at Myer :blink:

It depends if price is a factor. Visionplus can be a very reliable card if you ditch the included software and download DigitalWatch and Webscheduler.

That's true. The VisionPlus's tuner is quite good.

Still, I like how the FusionHDTV gives me the best of both worlds (ie. an excellent program that DVICO is improving all the time and support for 3rd Party apps (as long as they support BDA drivers, eg DigitalWatch and Webscheduler do).

I have not owned a VP so this comment may be way off the mark but I have seen a lot of people commenting about dropped frames from the VP (much like my first card, the aver761 did). Since owning both versions of the dvico, both have hardly ever dropped a frame over many, many hours of recording. The hardware on the VP has been around a lot longer than the hardware on the dvicos.

looking at getting one of these. Which is better? thanks

I have both, and can’t really say outright which is better, because they do things differently. The best way to find out is try them yourself and see how it fits in with your usage pattern. I wouldn’t have come to the conclusion that, for me, the NOVA-t is by far my best card and the Nebula my worst, based solely on advice in this forum!