Superman on NBN tonight ...

I knew that steveb was from NBN and I acknowledged his response ("..thanks steveb!..") :blink:

May I rephrase my question ...

"Where on the internet can I find out whether films on TV are going to be shown in widescreen or not"

I'm from (as you may have guessed) Newcastle if this helps.

cheers,

Dali

I knew that steveb was from NBN and I acknowledged his response ("..thanks steveb!..")  :blink:

May I rephrase my question ...

"Where on the internet can I find out whether films on TV are going to be shown in widescreen or not"

I'm from (as you may have guessed) Newcastle if this helps.

cheers,

Dali

http://www.widescreentv.info/ is your best bet (except for situations like Superman) and sites like Yahoo! TV Australia sometimes show Widescreen information.

thanks kenneth,

I went to http://www.widescreentv.info/ this morning and that's what prompted my initial post!

Superman wasn't listed.

I guess this was because it was a late inclusion to the programming? (due to the passing of Christopher Reeve)

Is Nine the only station that lists widescreen movies each week?

I'll give Yahoo! TV Austraila a try.

cheers,

Dali

I guess its time to confess - its just a hoax. I made that up, removed the WIN logo, resize to 1440x1080, combine that with a WINHD template and there you have it.

I thought it was interesting to see peoples reactions.. No harm done to anyone I hope.

I have asked the head of WIN's technical department about just upconverting the stream sent down from NINE and having that as 1080i, he said the systems were not ready to having 2 live streams, as the HD loop that is currently on is just being played off a hard disk...