AVerTV DVB-t - 100% CPU

NeoG

I had this problem a while back, but it fixed itself after a while. This time I just can't seem to shake it. I've tried different versions.. from the Install disk, 55.2 and the latest. I've just re-imaged my drive because I got frustrated with it. Even with a fresh install the problem is still there.. Could the card be defective? I tried moving slots but the same thing still happens. I can open the program and run the compatability test. If i choose to quick scan, it shoots straight to 100% CPU usage essentially locking the program. If i go past quick scan and let it idle with a blank output, the usage goes up and down like a sawtooth.

Has anyone encountered this, and if so is there a way to fix it? It's very frustrating..

Dan.

I've noticed it. I'm not one to blame signal-strength (or PCI slots for that matter) in regard to funny things happening with these Aver cards, but I think this happens when the transmitters are playing with their output signal [for me anyway.] [This happens on the Gold Coast because all the transmitters have just recently been set up and they are fine-tuning them at the moment.]

I am also guessing that the latest software [...59.1] requires a little bit more CPU grunt than previous versions - just to get 'started' anyway. Don't quote me on that though! My testing is very limited with the latest release, as the Aver filter components no longer work properly 'outside' the Aver application... They must have heard what I was up to...

Jason.

Something similar happened to me tonight. Came home, schedule had started recording (SD), but picture was frozen and CPU was 100%. Stopped the QuickAver, ended the Aver application. Started the program and, it went fine. Was watching full screen HD, then shortly later it froze. Needed to reboot.

These 'runaway' processes could be caused by different things (my experience vs oblong's) because when it happens to me - it times-out after exactly 35 seconds.

When this happens, I've noticed that if a signal-lock isn't obtained within about 7 seconds then it just won't lock-on at all (needing a process-restart.) I guess my question to Aver is why the 35 second wait? And why not restart the tuning process after ~10 seconds when this [tuning timeout] happens?

Jason.

ps. Remember, I'm still on ...57.x, maybe it's been fixed in .59.1, maybe it hasn't.

Guest Gizmomelb

hmm wierd for the freeze to happen to three people all so quickly - are all of you in Queensland by any chance?

I'm just trying to find a commonality.

One thing I just noticed while editing some Dr. Who episode - all of the episodes up until last week have had stereo audio tracks of 256Kbit/s - now one of last week's episodes has an AC3 2.0 Dolby Digital audio track of 448Kbit/s! weird.. I wonder if someone at the ABC was playing around with encoder settings?

hmm wierd for the freeze to happen to three people all so quickly - are all of you in Queensland by any chance?
My freeze was 5:59PM, Ch. 10, SD, Brisbane. So far, the only time it has happened. The only software change I'm aware of is that I installed .NET 24 hours earlier.

I'm in Sydney. Unfortunately for me, its been happeneing solid for 2 weeks, I can't do anything with the program. Not even scan to get the channels. Personally I don't think its related to reception as currently the program has none to use! Also it happens with every version i try...

Dan.