DGTEC 2000A

I have a problem with audio drop out on the HD channels. In particular 7 HD. Drop out every minute or two with optical or coaxial. It worked alright while in stereo. I rang DGTEC tech assistance who blamed my new sony amp/receiver. JB, who I bouyght the amp from, swapped it over for a better quality pioneer, same problem. Same response from DGTEC.

Dick Smith powerhouse, who I bought the DGTEC unit from, were not helpful and gave me the run around. I'm sending the unit off to DGTEC tomorrow, but given the garbage they've spun me so far I'm not confident they'll do anything useful. Never buy DGTEC for any reason.

Hey mate,

I also have this problem with my DH-2000A, seems to occur for me on Ten HD, Seven HD etc.. but the audio drops out on any connection be it stereo (rca), optical or coax. The signal strength is in the green on all channels so its wierd as i dont have this problem with my FusionHDTV card i have in my PC that i use to cap HD with..

What firmware revision do you have in your dgtec? the one i have is 1.9 and i installed that about 5-6 months ago but havent seen any new firmware revisions floating around.. Does anyone know where to get the latest firmware if there is one above 1.9?

KidSpat

Hey mate,

I also have this problem with my DH-2000A, seems to occur for me on Ten HD, Seven HD etc.. but the audio drops out on any connection be it stereo (rca), optical or coax. The signal strength is in the green on all channels so its wierd as i dont have this problem with my FusionHDTV card i have in my PC that i use to cap HD with..

What firmware revision do you have in your dgtec? the one i have is 1.9 and i installed that about 5-6 months ago but havent seen any new firmware revisions floating around.. Does anyone know where to get the latest firmware if there is one above 1.9?

KidSpat

Sorry, I don't know what firmware revision I have. How do I find out? My signal is perfect as well. It can't seem to decode the multi channel signals higher than 2.

Hey mate,

KidSpat

I have the exact same problem with my dgtec 2000a (firmware 1.9). I rang dgtec the other day for possible solutions but know one knew anything and that firmware 1.9 is the latest. I have tryed the STB at a mates house and it works fine, so i have put it down to an interferance in the run from the antenna to the STB. I have started to replace some of the cable to RG-6 Quad being mindful what other cables it runs with. With this i have found an improvement with less drop outs occuring.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
I have a problem with audio drop out on the HD channels. In particular 7 HD.  Drop out every minute or two with optical or coaxial. It worked alright while in stereo. I rang DGTEC tech assistance who blamed my new sony amp/receiver. JB, who I bouyght the amp from, swapped it over for a better quality pioneer, same problem. Same response from DGTEC.

Dick Smith powerhouse, who I bought the DGTEC unit from, were not helpful and gave me the run around. I'm sending the unit off to DGTEC tomorrow, but given the garbage they've spun me so far I'm not confident they'll do anything useful. Never buy DGTEC for any reason.

I have a problem with audio drop out on the HD channels. In particular 7 HD.  Drop out every minute or two with optical or coaxial. It worked alright while in stereo. I rang DGTEC tech assistance who blamed my new sony amp/receiver. JB, who I bouyght the amp from, swapped it over for a better quality pioneer, same problem. Same response from DGTEC.

They sent out a prepaid box to send it in which I sent to them on tuesday 12/10. I got the DGTEC back last thursday. I'm impresswed with that fior a start. THe tech people at DGTEC replaced the PCB and upgraded the software to 2.0. THis has done the trick except that you can't leave the audio select on auto. You have to manually select MPEG2 for 70 and AC3 for 90 and 20. The other stations I haven't tried yet. I still have a sma;; amount of drop out on 9 and 2 but it's acceptable. & HD is now good. This is a work in progress so I'll get back if there are further problems.

I was disappointed that the first calls to DGTEC "help" were a scource of frustration but they appear to have fixed it the end. From what I read in these pages it's a bit of a gamble buying any of these machines

Hi guys,

I haven't visited this website for a few weeks and have just read this latest thread. I would be confident in saying the DGTEC unit is the problem. I had a similar audio problem and despite checking signal strengths at my receiver and adding an external antenna, still encountered these droputs.

Refer to http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=6362 for more info.

Frank

• 4 months later...

My experience thus far with the 2000A Plus has been very similar to others on this thread. My original 2000A Plus suffered the dropouts described, so I returned it and got a new one - same problem. So I installed a masthead amp and improved signal strength quite a lot. All channels are now about centre of the green. Still the problem persists. However the audio output from the RCA plugs does not drop out at all, just the optical output. The problem is more apparent when channels have been changed and does diminish the longer you stay on the one channel. My experience has been that channel 10 is the worst affected. Don't know why but that's the way it appears to be. Will have a D&M with the techs from Dgtec and see what I can glean from them and will post my findings. Not at all hopefull though.