LG no problems

Been a while since anyone spoke about the LG 400, since I loaded the latest software I think its got to be one of the best DVI capable HD STB around. I tried the Teac but was unimpressed with its sound issues when changing between HD & SD, kept it for two nights and went back to the LG. I just hope the yet to be released Topfield 7000 is as good if not better than the LG.

Been a while since anyone spoke about the LG 400, since I loaded the latest software I think its got to be one of the best DVI capable HD STB around. I tried the Teac but was unimpressed with its sound issues when changing between HD & SD, kept it for two nights and went back to the LG. I just hope the yet to be released Topfield 7000 is as good if not better than the LG.

I must agree. I have both the LG and the Teac. Had problems with the first Teac, now on the second. That is OK, but I think the picture quality, menu system and sound are superior on the LG without doubt.

interesting comments guys. I have the TEAC. Its good you guys can do the comparisons. Yes pity all the dramas with the LG has so distracted us from its actual Picture quality and sound quality.

Just shows I guess that reliability with such things is no 1. PQ and sound quality seem to be second considerations in many peoples minds with reliability expected as a given.

What is the latast version on the LG and where in the menu can you check what the current version you are running? Did you get via the net?

What is the latast version on the LG and where in the menu can you check what the current version you are running? Did you get via the net?

The latest firmware is 1.00.06 and to access the info re what version you are running ,you push RED,GREEN,YELLOW,BLUE,YELLOW,GREEN,RED and there are a couple of guys here on the forum that will email you the latest firware if you ask nicely :blink:

Cheers Ryan

Hi Darrylp i have the latest firmware but havent applied it as yet but here is a post i found RE:what the 06 firmware does.

sccubas Posted: Sep 23 2004, 10:14 AM 

Hi. Everyone!

The software version of LST-4100P is has been changed from 1.00.05 to 1.00.06.

We fixed the following problems:

1) The inprovement of flickering problem when broadcasts display 1920X1080i and STB's resoultion switch set to 720P.

2) The improvement of Aspect ratio, we added a new pillar box and zoom function on 16X9 broadcasting.

Please e-mail me if you want a new software.

Cheers Ryan

Hey Darryl quick question how far is the right edge of the channel 9 HD watermark from the edge of your screen?Is there a small gap?

Cheers Ryan

On my LG plasma panel, there is about 1px gap when running at 1080i. I would prefer the 576p mode, except that it doesn't overscan enough, leaving about 3-5px black border around most shows...

My HD picture is all over the screen (front projector) whether I'm using the LG, DGTEC or Toshiba and DVI or Component makes no difference.

What does make the difference is how the Channel (and each one is different) configures what it transmits e.g. Channel Ten all outsourced recorded material is perfect but their own news has a different format and I get a narrow black panel on the left.

Channel 9, all ads (and only their ads) have a dotted white line across the top left hand corner of the screen. Their own demo loop sometimes fills the screen and sometimes has a narrow black band top and bottom!

Darryl

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought the LG lst4100p and had problems with the off centre. Ive done the upgrades V6 and still have the problem. Can anyone help. It is connected to samsung 61' dlp via component. I've spoken to humax and they said it should fix it but they have heard of instances where they dont, and that they will pass it on. Will a DVI connection fix this by allowing adjustment of centering.