Look for a s-video y adapter

Hi all,

Does anyone know where in Australia (preferably Melbourne) were I can pick one of these up from?

http://www.cablesforless.com/browseproduct...-Y-Adapter.html

I've tried caycar, dicksmith, radioparts and jb to no success

I would have thought with Home Cinema these sort of adapters are easy to come by

Obviously not ;-)

Henry

Hi Alessiman

Does Radioparts not have the connectors so you may constuct one yourself.

If they do have them but you need a hand wiring up/soldering etc. I would be happy to help.

By the way, got my TX100, very happy.

J

Well J,

Don't keep us in suspense. Tell us about your projector and more importantly how is looks on your new screen :-)

Glad to see you finally got the hitachi and a WILL take you up on the offer to make up a S-VHS adapter as I can't for the life of me find one for sale

Henry

The reason you cannot buy a Y connector is because there will be signal reflections which are visible. On the colouring signal the result can give no colour but depends on the cable lengths, on the luminance signal it can give extra vertical edges in the picture.

The best option is to use a distribution amplifier. There is a single chip amplifier which has been in Silicon Chip magazine. I built one, it is good even for RGB or component signals with a pair of outputs for each of its 4 channels.

In you case you use one input to two amplifiers which will give 4 outputs. The C signal is fed into the other pair of amplifiers for similar.

There should only be one input 75 ohm resistor per signal.

AlanH

Hi Alanh

What do you mean there will be signal reflections?

Sounds like you have tried this before??

Please share your knowledge about SVideo.

I will be posting my thoughts on the TX 100 in the Projectors topic.

Ahhh the screen....my material is too narrow for the frame, thought I could get away with just fixing the sides.

Doesn't work though, bummer have to get some more before I can trial the screen.

J