Problem with Avermedia DVB-T 771

Guest Mr Magic

Guest Mr Magic

Heya all!

I recently bought an Avermedia DVB-T 771 and chucked it in my computer as soon as it arrived! Once I had the software and drivers all set up, the signal scan found nothing. Not one signal. As I live in a rural area, I thought maybe I was out of range, but after contacting Digital Broadcasting Australia they told me that I can most definitely get Digital TV in my area of South Australia.

So, after some more contemplating, I figured perhaps it was the masthead amplifier on my aerial that was causing the problems, but when I lent the card to a friend who lives in the city and doesn't have a masthead amplifier, he couldn't get a signal either. This would lead me to believe that there is some kind of problem with the card, as he can receive Digital TV perfectly on the set top box in his lounge room using the same aerial.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The S-Video and RCA Video Inputs work perfectly and playing the Xbox on my PC Monitor simply couldn't be better, but both of us can not get any signal to come through the card no matter how hard we try!

There's plenty of people who are using this card and getting good signal, so as long as your in a location that can receive dtv you should get something. My advice would firstly be to try the latest software, as the frequencies that the card tries to tune will have been updated from the version of the software on your cd. The latest version (59.1) has also improved my reception, although no-one else seems to have experienced this.

If the card still doesn't work, I'd take it back and try a replacement, as it sounds like the hardware may be faulty. Plenty of people on this forum will tell you to ditch Aver for another model, but the hardware is as good as anything else, and the latest software release has finally put this card on the map in terms of useability.

Hi,

Here on the Gold Coast, all the DVB stations are listed as xxx500KHz, but in reality they are all being transmitted on xxx625KHz. Try editing your frequencies and 'scan' them again. Where you are may also use different offsets, so it might be worthwhile trying other values too. Oh, and don't expect anyone who has control over the actual frequencies to tell you what they really are!

Jason.