DAB Timeslipping

ijd

Hi all,

After living with a Toppy for 2 months, I now find myself reaching for the 'rewind' button every time I miss hearing something - ie. people talking, analogue tv, HDTV card ... and News Radio!!

- "Eh??" works with people

- "Rewind" works on the Toppy

- DVIco might release timeslip for the Fusion in a later release?

... but I have no solution for News Radio!

So ...

1. What is the prognosis for (for example) News Radio and Triple-J 'going DAB'?

2. Do/Will any DAB receivers have timeslip?

Any input gratefully received!

Ian

Hi all,

After living with a Toppy for 2 months, I now find myself reaching for the 'rewind' button every time I miss hearing something - ie. people talking, analogue tv, HDTV card ... and News Radio!!

- "Eh??" works with people

- "Rewind" works on the Toppy

- DVIco might release timeslip for the Fusion in a later release?

... but I have no solution for News Radio!

Relieved to hear I am not the only person with the brain blip which sees me reaching for the timeslip rewind button for Newsradio. I think we may be at a similar stage of mental decay, Ian.

Anyway, I believe that some DAB receivers do indeed have the functions you refer to.

Cheers, um, what was that << .... << ..... <<

JB

Of course if you're willing to be tethered to your PC then all of this can be done fairly easily. Processing/storing audio is _much_ less demanding than (near) broadcast quality video.

But yeah, I know what you both mean! The other big and (relatively) new information transmission system is of course the world wide web and this also is available on demand. So perhaps we are all getting conditioned to the fact that we can (usually) always access info whenever we need it and therefore there is less reason to take it in as comprehensively during the "first run". Just a thought!

Adam

So perhaps we are all getting conditioned to the fact that we can (usually) always access info whenever we need it and therefore there is less reason to take it in as comprehensively during the "first run". Just a thought!

... and a valid thought, too, Adam! But rather than going back to having to concentrate, it would be nice to have a 21st century 'easy way out'?! :blink:

I'm an old bugger ... and I demand an easier life!

Cheers,

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
So ...

Jet posted in another topic that News Radio is apparently ready to 'flick the switch' to broadcast as part of the ABC digital TV stream (DVB-T, not DAB), but some internal bickering has caused some months of delay (and may delay it for good).

- Miles.

So ...

Jet posted in another topic that News Radio is apparently ready to 'flick the switch' to broadcast as part of the ABC digital TV stream (DVB-T, not DAB), but some internal bickering has caused some months of delay (and may delay it for good).

- Miles.

The hounds would like me to ask you: "Who is doing the bickering and delaying ... and where do they like to go for lunch?".