Shuttles and DVIco Fusion HDTV?

Guest Gizmomelb

Guest Gizmomelb

hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a shuttle (or similar small form factor) computer for the lounge to replace the huge beige box currently occupying the room. Is anyone aware of any compatibility issues with Shuttles and the DVIco Fusion HDTV cards?

Many thanks for any info.

Gizmomelb

In the review of the DVICO card in a recent Australian PC Powerplay (issue #101 I think - could be wrong about that though), the reviewer says he had problems with the card in his shuttle. Apparently he had an IRQ conflict and was advised to place the card in a different PCI slot, but his shuttle only had one PCI slot! So he couldn't get it to work.

hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a shuttle (or similar small form factor) computer for the lounge to replace the huge beige box currently occupying the room.  Is anyone aware of any compatibility issues with Shuttles and the DVIco Fusion HDTV cards?

Many thanks for any info.

Gizmomelb

I'm thinking of getting a shuttle (or similar small form factor) computer for the lounge to replace the huge beige box currently occupying the room.  Is anyone aware of any compatibility issues with Shuttles and the DVIco Fusion HDTV cards?

If the Shuttle option is not going to work you could always build your own system around the Antec Aria case (or similar). In this way you will be able to select from a big range of uATX motherboards. My own setup includes: Aria case; Shuttle MN31N m/b; DVD burner; DIVCO Fusion HDTV; AthlonXP 2500+. One regret is that I don't have a spare PCI slot for a second DVB-T card.

If the Shuttle option is not going to work you could always build your own system around the Antec Aria case (or similar).  In this way you will be able to select from a big range of uATX motherboards. My own setup includes: Aria case; Shuttle MN31N m/b; DVD burner; DIVCO Fusion HDTV; AthlonXP 2500+.  One regret is that I don't have a spare PCI slot for a second DVB-T card.

I also use an Aria - but am having noise/heat problems.

Does yours run hot?

.\\axxx

I've got a Shuttle ST61G4 with a DVICO Fusion. I've not had any problems with the card itself and it works well. The remote is another matter. The USB remote becomes disabled in the device manager sometimes and the only fix I've found is to delete the device from with device manager and reboot. It then seems okay until the next time (maybe a wekk to two later).

I think this is a Shuttle USB issue - not the Fusion. Device Driver compatibility issues.

• 2 weeks later...