Ten

Guest TonyC1503559826

Guest TonyC1503559826

Guys im in Monash area and havnt been able to get Channel 10 scince last night?

Any1 else have a problem?

All other channels are fine.Using a Thompson dti500au box.

Thanks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been having problems for a few days now. Changing the channel to SC10 is becoming a real hit and miss affair (maybe I watch that channel a little too much) sometimes it's perfect other times I get a blank screen or a loss of signal message. Since all the other channels usually work without a hitch I was wondering if the broadcast equipment SC10 use on tuggernong hill is up to scratch, if it is configured properly or if SC10 running some tests on it.

Guest TonyC1503559826

Whats the signal numbers for that then?

Why wouldnt the box pick up the signal from BM aswell?

This digital stuff is getting ridiculous.

I have been having problems for a few days now. Changing the channel to SC10 is becoming a real hit and miss affair (maybe I watch that channel a little too much) sometimes it's perfect other times I get a blank screen or a loss of signal message. Since all the other channels usually work without a hitch I was wondering if the broadcast equipment SC10 use on tuggernong hill is up to scratch, if it is configured properly or if SC10 running some tests on it.

SC10 from Tuggeranong Hill has always been one of my worst stations, if not the worst, in terms of reception glitches and what not. Some nights it's absolutely fine, others, it's almost completely unwatchable due to the constant video glitches and audio farts. :blink:

Guest TonyC1503559826

Thanks for that.

Stupid stb doesnt let me do decimal point in add carrier info.

Another note is any getting sydney WIN and not ACT channel?

Got the news on right now and sydney ads ????

Thanks for that.

Stupid stb doesnt let me do decimal point in add carrier info.

Another note is any getting sydney WIN and not ACT channel?

Got the news on right now and sydney ads ????

If your STB doesn't allow to do a decimal point, do 177500 or search for VHF 6.

And there is no Sydney Win. It most likely is Win not switching to any Win ad's.

Guest TonyC1503559826

Well i guess big test will be at 6pm then(goes to show how much telli i watch)

Tried that and couldnt find carrier.

Thanks for help

Just spoke to TEN's Network Operations and they believed they had fixed it yesterday and were not aware it was down again.

They did a remote reboot of the tranmitter while I was on the phone but it still did not come back up.

Ten were going to send technicians out again now to look at it.

Seens we need to let them know when it does not work as they cant monitor actual brodcasts operations only the up state of the transmitter.

Regards

Guys im in Monash area and havnt been able to get Channel 10 scince last night?

Any1 else have a problem?

All other channels are fine.Using a Thompson dti500au box.

Thanks

Tony I am in Monash as well & like others have said Ten from BM is fine... even though I cant see BM get perfect reception on my Toppy...always got a crap picture from Tuggeranong Hill esp with analogue so never bothered..whereabouts in Monash are you?

Cheers Mark

We had problems with SC Ten Digital Transmitter here in Wagga Wagga on Willans Hill in Sep 2003. It's only a baby transmitter (200 watts off the stick). After the Transmitter was commissioned (Full Time), we started to get the sort of problem are guys are seeing with the Tuggeranong Hill Digital Transmitter. Anyway I phoned SC Ten reception and they were very helpful. They said an Enginner would phone me about the problem. Anyway an Engineer did call me and after talking to me/us about the problem the Engineer (Roger) drove over to Wagga to take a look. He found the problem was that the Power Amps in the Transmitter were stuffed. He switched over to the Standby Power Amps.

A few days later the problem came back so I called again. He came back over the same day I called. Anyway the Standby Power Amps had blown as well. He had to turn the Transmitter off and take both sets of Power Amp back to Canberra with him so he could send them back to Italy for Repair/Replacement. It took a bit over a month for the Transmitter to be operational again.

You can read the thread about this problem here:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...1&st=&p=entry

The point to the story is that SC Ten Engineer/s are only to willing to help if they know there is a problem. If more than one of you note a problem then call them.

I had less success getting the NTL Engineers to fix the ABC's Digital Transmitter on Mt Ulandra (Near Cootamundra). I rang the ABC and they said the Transmitter tested O.K. but I couldn't pick it up. You can read about that here:

Anyway good luck with it!

Kindest Regards

Mark

This is so true.

You need to call Sothern Cross Ten and 62422400 and tell them you have lost reception in tugeranong.

They rang me about 6:30 pm to tell me that that they would not eba ble to repair it till at least Thursday when the supplier would be in town.

I asked if it would be guarenteed as being back on line then and he could not.

He was surprised when i told him that many people on the forum had noted it was down.

They did not have any calls after the first repair...so it went off air almost 24 hours without them being told.

We need to call and report it many times as they will only act when they knbow its down and also will give it priority based on the number of complaints.

Regards

I am down in Gordon and cannot see BM tower at all yet I can get SC10 from there with a UHF antenna pointed at Tuggeranong Hill.

I have yet to check out 10 from Tuggeranong Hill since reading this forum. I suppose I should make it a priority as Bathurst is on this weekend.

UPDATE: (17.30 6/10/04) Ten on Tuggeranong Hill is still off air. I rang SC Ten who claimed that the transmitter had been vandalised and should be running again soon. Sounds a bit suspect when all the other channels are working fine.

I have been in contact with the engineers at SCB Canberra, the problem is with the transmitter SCB has at Tugg Hill, they are waiting for the supplier to arrive (Thursday), hopefully the problem will be sorted and everything will be ok. I am waiting for a call, with good news.

I mentioned the fact that we are installing quite a few digital systems for Bathurst weekend and people were getting anxious. We also have the added problem that the new STB's have nothing to tune in on ch62, so we are looking at returning to those customers that aren't able to retune the box when SCB does come back on air. So I've got everything crossed at the moment that tomorrows phone call is nothing but good news.

Gadget