Anyone home at Topfield

I have sent two emails to Topfield vai there Website about the upcoming release of there new 7000 HD STB PVR and have received no answer, not even an aknowledgemnet. Is this normal service for Topfield? Does not give me much confidence about buying a Toipfield product. Has anyone got any good stories about this company.

Many of us have good stories, you can read most of them over at DVD&HDD Recorders forum here.

The main man Jai at Topfield is apparently away for 2 weeks, so I guess his substitute isn't doing as good a job.

But the TF7000 is a little while away, all the information you are going to get on it is on the Topfield website and in a thread or two here and there.

I guess they must be getting sick of the "when is it coming out" posts or something?

Many of us have good stories, you can read most of them over at DVD&HDD Recorders forum here.

The main man Jai at Topfield is apparently away for 2 weeks, so I guess his substitute isn't doing as good a job.

But the TF7000 is a little while away, all the information you are going to get on it is on the Topfield website and in a thread or two here and there.

I guess they must be getting sick of the "when is it coming out" posts or something?

I have just had a 200gig HDD put in my toppy by Michael at Topfield and I asked about the 7000 and he said that it was due out in the first quarter 2005 and they were going to start testing it here shortly :blink:

Warrick

Thanks for the info but I still wonder about a company that does not bother to give you an email reply (even an automated reply). The guy that’s on holidays, did he turn the lights and computers off when he left the building? Why is there a cloak of secrecy thrown over new products like the 7000, surely it would in their best interest to create as much interest as possible over a forthcoming product, there may be people considering buying a HDD recorder and HD STB that may be persuaded to wait a few months if they new the details of release etc.

I have to admit, their email support isn't too crash hot (many have the same complaints as you about not getting email responses).

But their phone support, and willingness to try an help is second to none.

If there is a bug or prob, they get the Korean engineers onto it very quickly, and get a new firmware knocked out. I don't see that happen for the dodgytec or 5290 strong.

Not all companies are based around email support, in fact, very few actually are.

I'm afraid I agree with scanman. This is something that many e-businesses do which gives absolutely no confidence to the consumer and is just plain annoying as hell. People on leave is just an excuse.

If you can't service your emails in an appropriate timeframe then there just shouldn't be one.

Moving onto this unit: Is there somewhere I can get some spec's on it? Sounds VERY interesting :blink:

I emailed Topfield in Korea and got an immediate response (about a 5 min!!) but not much information. They confirmed the 7000 was in development, they did not confirm if the HDMI would be compatible with Pioneer panels (ie HDCP - non HDCP). The only information around seems to be pictures of show girls standing in front of a poster at CEDIA on the Gold Coast earlier this year. I am sure there were some specs floating around the web but I can’t seem to find them now? Anyway at least someone was at home in Topfield Korea.

PS Topfield emailed me again and stated they would look further into HDMI compatability with Pioneer. Good on Topfield Korea, never did hear back from Topcfield Aust.

I guess it depends on which way you look at it, this time they are going to make sure the unit is released with no bugs and are trying to get it perfect for the release. Up-till now they have changed the chip set twice and added extra features.

At least when they do come available it will be one kick arse box. :blink: