sbs in south west slopes

Guest steven1503559515

Hi John,

SBS Digital has been broadcasting in Wagga (from Willans Hill) since, oh about this time last year. And I'm sure I saw a notice in the Daily Advertiser a few weeks ago to say it was now up and running from Mt Ulandra.

Bizzibee are you there???

Hope you now have some light!!

Steven

Steven

Yes I'm here Steven!

John, as Steven has said SBS has been Broadcasting a Digital Service from Willans Hill in Wagga since Nov-Dec 2003. However I have not had any success picking SBS's Digital Service from Mt Ulandra on UHF 48. Not even any test transmissions. I'm getting ABC Digital from Mt Ulandra without any problems.

Perhaps they aren't going to start as planned from 1st Oct 2004. You could give SBS Network Development and Operations a call on their freecall number (1800 500 727), or alternatively email them at technical@sbs.com.au.

Kindest Regards

Mark

Steven

Yes I'm here Steven!

John, as Steven has said SBS has been Broadcasting a Digital Service from Willans Hill in Wagga since Nov-Dec 2003. However I have not had any success picking SBS's Digital Service from Mt Ulandra on UHF 48. Not even any test transmissions. I'm getting ABC Digital from Mt Ulandra without any problems.

Perhaps they aren't going to start as planned from 1st Oct 2004. You could give SBS Network Development and Operations a call on their freecall number (1800 500 727), or alternatively email them at technical@sbs.com.au.

Kindest Regards

Mark

Steven

Yes I'm here Steven!

Kindest Regards

Mark

Many thanks all,

I have been looking too for test transmissions but no luck.

Have emailed SBS on address kindly given

thanks again

PS Getting ABC perfectly in digital on ch 46. I must say that the alleged 'upconversion' to HD is not particularly impressive from my point of view and minimal improvement on the SD signal. However, beggars better not be choosers?

Is the Wagga SBS signal good?

John

Guest steven1503559515
:blink:  Well what do you know!  Today i tried again and found SBS up and away with SD and HD (567-p) and EPG as well as a couple of digital radio channels

Great news  Hope they are not just tests.

A few hours after I wrote my 1st reply to you I saw in Friday's Daily Advertiser an ad from SBS advising it was permanent from 9am Friday morning, so there you go, it's no longer a test. Enjoy those sub-titled movies!!

Steven

:blink:  Well what do you know!  Today i tried again and found SBS up and away with SD and HD (567-p) and EPG as well as a couple of digital radio channels

Great news  Hope they are not just tests.

Well you won't believe this but I did a rescan on Friday (approx. 12.00pm) just before I replied to your post and got nothing. Just tried again now (Saturday) and guess what? It's there just like you said. I think they might have been a bit late starting.

Anyway it there now.

Mark