Hitachi 32PD5000 price

I have been waiting an eternity to purchase one of these displays and have done lots or research. I am expecting to pay around 4k for one of these however JB hifi can't do better than 4.5k. has anyone bought a 32" Hitachi recently and at what cost? Are you happy with the unit as I am still trying to weigh up the additional cost over a tube tv

I have been waiting an eternity to purchase one of these displays and have done lots or research. I am expecting to pay around 4k for one of these however JB hifi can't do better than 4.5k. has anyone bought a 32" Hitachi recently and at what cost? Are you happy with the unit as I am still trying to weigh up the additional cost over a tube tv

4.5K is the best I have seen advertised for this unit. ('Plasma man' or something similiar in our local paper) If its advertised at that price you should be able to get it lower. Or maybe get a set top box thrown in etc...

I have one of these units and Im really happy with it. Together with an LG HD set top box the picture quality is superb. I would recommend it.....

Cheers,

Ed

I recently got offered the opportunity to buy one through work for $3500, but I already have the 32PD3000 and my next upgrade will be to the 37PD5000 but they couldnt get me any availability or pricing on that unit.

As for am I happy with the unit - I couldnt be happier, with a decent HD source its one of the best display devices I've ever seen.

I recently got offered the opportunity to buy one through work for $3500, but I already have the 32PD3000 and my next upgrade will be to the 37PD5000 but they couldnt get me any availability or pricing on that unit.

As for am I happy with the unit - I couldnt be happier, with a decent HD source its one of the best display devices I've ever seen.

When I got mine (the 32PD5000) at HN (Bagowlah / Sydney) I was looking over the salespersons shoulder at his screen - they had 48 in stock. Apparently they were shifting them pretty quick too...

Got to agree that its one of the best displays I have seen around.

Ed

I got mine for $4k from Home Zone in George Street Sydney. They're selling them for $4999 but they matched my best price - I gave them the chance to match it because they'd spent some time showing me the set. Cabramatta and Bankstown HiFi have them for $4499 with a crappy STB and they were willing to do $4k without that.

After I bought it, the other place rang back and said they could do better. Bugger!

Very happy with it so far - still sorting the aspect ratios out with my HTPC for static images but video (DVDs, SD and HDTV, Divx etc) are brilliant.

I got mine for $4k from Home Zone in George Street Sydney.  They're selling them for $4999 but they matched my best price - I gave them the chance to match it because they'd spent some time showing me the set.  Cabramatta and Bankstown HiFi have them for $4499 with a crappy STB and they were willing to do $4k without that.

After I bought it, the other place rang back and said they could do better.  Bugger!

Very happy with it so far - still sorting the aspect ratios out with my HTPC for static images but video (DVDs, SD and HDTV, Divx etc) are brilliant.

That's right, there are new models on the way so the 5000 series has had a price drop and are getting harder to get.