TDT Breakup/Drop Outs

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick post to see if anyone has had any audio dropouts or alot of breakup on TDT of late?

I have been on the mainland a few days and got home to realise it was happening. It only appears to be happening on TDT for me and it happens on two different STB's in 2 different rooms.

I have had both boxes for ages and have never had any trouble with them, and I am directly in front of the mountain in Lindisfarne with a reliable antenna system.

So basically just wondering if this problem is at my end or if others have experienced it also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers Everyone!

I've found this interesting reading because it was one of the main probs I was having at least once a week of TDT dropping out with my dgtec 2000b hence a decision to purchase a digital antenna. I'd do a full scan for all channels to restore tdt. I'm not saying that a digital antenna is the answer just I've experienced the same probs your're describing since TDT first went to air in Hobart.

h

I've found this interesting reading because it was one of the main probs I was having at least once a week of TDT dropping out with my dgtec 2000b hence a decision to purchase a digital antenna.  I'd do a full scan for all channels to restore tdt.  I'm not saying that a digital antenna is the answer just I've experienced the same probs your're describing since TDT first went to air in Hobart.

h

So has the digital ant. helped.

I have the same stb and am constantly having to rescan.

DGTEC ascertained that signal strength from my existing analogue antenna was low so advised me to instal a new antenna but the signal strength was the same off the new antenna as it was off the analogue one but the installation was done quickly and in fading light. Loop out through the box was also very ordinary off the new antenna. Loss of audio through the vcr and tv outputs also happened when there was a power interruption and I'd have to turn the box off from the power supply then turn the power on about 5 minutes later to restore audio. My box is now with DGTEC for this problem. U experienced that sonyman?

h

I've found this interesting reading because it was one of the main probs I was having at least once a week of TDT dropping out with my dgtec 2000b hence a decision to purchase a digital antenna.  I'd do a full scan for all channels to restore tdt.  I'm not saying that a digital antenna is the answer just I've experienced the same probs your're describing since TDT first went to air in Hobart.

h

So has the digital ant. helped.

I have the same stb and am constantly having to rescan.

I run component straight to the plasma, and audio to the sony receiver, I have not experienced any audio drop out but I have noticed syncing problems with the audio/video , mainly on TDT esp local ie Melbourne content pre recorded shows.

In general I am happy with the dgtec, but am going to use my LG HD soon.