Teac DVB-350 audio dropouts

Pepito

I'm generally very happy with this STB. Excellent picture and never had a lockup.

However I do get regular audio dropouts when listening to Dolby Digital sound when available. Normal MPEG sound is fine.

The DD dropouts are quite regular and seem to occur on all channels.

There's no screech or crackle. Just the ocassional word dropped in dialogue where it's most noticable.

I'm in Melbourne, getting good signal strength and am running the latest v2.6.71 firmware.

Any tips? :blink:

I get the same with my 350, but it happens with normal MPEG as well.

I have figured out that it happens whenever a power switch is operated in the house - ie. turning on/off a light.

Must be a slight power surge that interferes with the signal.

If anyone has an easy fix, would be glad to know.

• 4 months later...
I get the same with my 350, but it happens with normal MPEG as well.

I have figured out that it happens whenever a power switch is operated in the house - ie. turning on/off a light.

Must be a slight power surge that interferes with the signal.

If anyone has an easy fix, would be glad to know.

ahh .. interesting.

My sister has a Teac 350 and we noticed the same thing when I was over the other night.

Whenever anybody in the house turned a light on or off, the sound would momentarily drop out. Picture not affected and no screech or squeek, just a brief silence. Selecting MPEG or DD sound made no difference.

They noticed that even opening or closing the fridge door would cause it .. mmm beer :blink:

Not sure what is causing the problem. Their TV and STB are plugged into one of those powerboards with surge protection.