HD Programs We Will Miss Out On

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australian's will miss out on seeing 24 season 4, Lost  and Stargate Atlantis in high defintion because Seven have the rights. I'm not too worried about Lost but I really want to see Atlantis and 24 in HD but because Seven have the rights, we'll miss out.

Maybe by the time these things finally get put on, Seven will have "seen the light".

(Oh, well, maybe not.... :blink: )

$evens HD really is a waste of time and effort. They seem to have gotten around the issue that except for them the rest of world including Europe doesn't see 576p as HDTV.

As for the new 24 (besides HD) it would also want to be a much better script than that last effort. Much of that series was so unbelievable (esp for 24hrs) that it made watching it far too painful.

• 1 month later...

Lost is a great show - which is broadcast in DD5.1

There's no excuse if $even doesnt show it with the DD5.1 track on HD.

Anyway we can petition 7?

Seven don't even offer real HD. Do you honestly think they'll go to the trouble of getting 5.1 audio for the viewers they think are idiots?

Even Nine doesn't get 5.1 for regular programming (series etc) - so no hope there.

Looks like Frasier was scrapped from Nine's Summer Programming - I'm very disapointed.

Heard it will probably be back next year. Hopefully HD

Modul8

What will be back - more of the endless round of repeats. Last ever episode went to air in first six months 2004 in USA.

I have never managed to see Miles get Daphne! Every time it gets near it goes back to start!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4970925/

Looks like Frasier was scrapped from Nine's Summer Programming - I'm very disapointed.

Modul8

What will be back - more of the endless round of repeats. Last ever episode went to air in first six months 2004 in USA.

I have never managed to see Miles get Daphne! Every time it gets near it goes back to start!

That the problem with having chosen Punxsutawney for their honeymoon getaway!

:blink:

Modul8

Niles even?

• 2 weeks later...

Damn. 24 would have been awesome on Ten! I believe that it's (season 4) is being produced in 720p. That would scale nicely to 1080i, but looks like we'll be stuck with 576p.

What made you ever think that Ten were getting it?

Adam

Damn. 24 would have been awesome on Ten! I believe that it's (season 4) is being produced in 720p. That would scale nicely to 1080i, but looks like we'll be stuck with 576p.

What made you ever think that Ten were getting it?

Adam

I thought they would be shooting film and providing the networks with a 1080p24 master which after the 4% speed up gives us 1080p25 but we'll be stuck with 576p25 on SD and 576p25 frame doubled on Low Def. We lose.

There was talk of Seven not buying the rights due to the last season rating badly.

I never thought I'd say this, but...

(If Ten put their ShyteStain® on their HD service):

Thank God Ten DIDN'T GET 24

and

I hope Ten LOSE "The Shield", "NCIS", and whatever that other half-watchable programme they showed was...

:blink: @ Ten ? You're DAMN RIGHT!

That POS ShyteStain® is no less than 5 inches in diameter on my screen! Glowing feverishly, and, (being on the LHS), right in front of my seat position... :P