DGTEC 2000B Locking up

honey

Hi

I purchased a SD set top box DGTEC 2000B with a a Sharp SX76NF8 widescreen TV several months ago. The original set top box locked up and could only be reset via unpluging the power to the unit after about 2 weeks of use. This occurred several times so I returned it 2 weeks later and the retailer swapped the unit. A month later same thing again so I returned it to the supplier, it work for a month or so and then again locked up. I returned it again several weeks ago, they tell me they replaced the internals of the unit and again it is still locking up.

Has anyone had similar problems especially with the Sharp TV, I know of a friend with similar lock up problems with a Teac set Top unit and their Sharp TV, same TV as mine!

Help

Andy

• 1 month later...
Guest ozziegrl
Hi

I purchased a SD set top box DGTEC 2000B with a a Sharp SX76NF8 widescreen TV several months ago.  The original set top box locked up and could only be reset via unpluging the power to the unit after about 2 weeks of use.  This occurred several times so I returned it 2 weeks later and the retailer swapped the unit.  A month later same thing again so I returned it to the supplier, it work for a month or so and then again locked up.  I returned it again several weeks ago, they tell me they replaced the internals of the unit and again it is still locking up. 

Has anyone had similar problems especially with the Sharp TV, I know of a friend with similar lock up problems with a Teac set Top unit and their Sharp TV, same TV as mine!

Help

Andy

yes I have a 200B as well it has been a problem from about week 3 or thereabouts. it loses closed captions before going into meltdown. I have phoned the tech support and lately they have been somewhat narky about me complaiing. I sent it back and they told me that the updated the electronics (whatever that means) but it came back and within 3 weeks it was palying up again. This weekend is the last straw for me it locked up all except the up/down/left/right arrows (channel) but when changing the channel no info on the bottom of the TV screen as to which channel and what options any other button on the remote or the box failed.

If someone can pint me in the right direction here as well I would most certainly welcome it. being hard of hearing I find the captions great but not on the 2000B

Ozziegrl

well i actually have return the same set top box back 3 times as i write your reply it is in vic getting fixed i have akai 76 w/s tv i'm certainly not inpressed with dgtec

djack1

Hi

I purchased a SD set top box DGTEC 2000B with a a Sharp SX76NF8 widescreen TV several months ago.  The original set top box locked up and could only be reset via unpluging the power to the unit after about 2 weeks of use.  This occurred several times so I returned it 2 weeks later and the retailer swapped the unit.  A month later same thing again so I returned it to the supplier, it work for a month or so and then again locked up.  I returned it again several weeks ago, they tell me they replaced the internals of the unit and again it is still locking up. 

Help

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

DG-TEC support say that the lockups can be the results of fluorescent lights or plasma screens emitting an IR pulse when the colour red is displayed. Short story - don't use it in an electrically noisy environment. If you do get any lockups they say to take it back to the store for a replacement.

On another note, there will be a firmware update early next year for the 2000B to address multi-view and some compatibility problems with Channel 9. The firmware update WON'T address the channel change speed.

Also, for anyone thinking of buying the 5000i currently, it would be worth noting that this is discontinued stock.

Regards,

:ph34r: BrushWithDeath. :ph34r: