LG LST-4100P STB and Sony KVHR36M31

Hello all,

i have just got one of the LG STB's to partner my Sony KVHR36M31 and i am having a few problems with getting it to display 1080i.It displays 576i and 576p and sometimes on 720p its fine and then other times it flickers but absolutley nothing on 1080i :blink:

Is anyone running one of the Lg's on a Sony? if so are you having any such problems or if anybody else could help that would be most appreciated.

Cheers Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I have a Sony KE32TS2E and the LG 4100P.

with the LG set at 1080i I have no problems at all PQ is excellent with HD and SD.

The only problem is with 720P

I get good PQ with component out and even better with the switch set to DVI/RGB

in which case the RGB is output at RGBHV, you need a cable with a D plug and 5 x BNC at the other end.

The only problem is with 720P, I get a very narrow picture.

I had a problem with the Toshie S25 it was not compatable, the picture in 1080i was very good, but kept jumping every 10-20 seconds. it was ok on other tv/plasmas in the Store.

so I took it back to HN and they exchanged it for the LG.

Good Luck

Regards

Perhaps the latest firmware can help you out (v1.00.05).. it fixes the following:

- Added screen positioning function on DVI/RGB.

- Fixed screen flickering to 720P on DVI. (Input source is 1080i)

- Added screen zoom when using MPEG display extension information.

Not sure whether you are using DVI tho as you mention 576i, which is not available thru DVI on this unit. There is plenty of discussion on this firmware upgrade under the post titled "Compatibility Problems".

Thanks ohboy and frozen pea,i should have mentioned that i am running through component and that i have the latest firmware,and the switch on the back is set to component as it should be.And yes ohboy i had planned to buy a RGBHV connection tommorow and see how that gos.

How much is such a connection worth?I am in Melbourne so would i just go to somewhere like JB???

Cheers Ryan

I have a Sony KVHR36M31 connected to a Humax HD 7000 (which is the same as the LG) and have noticed a small problem as well.

I have it connected via component, which works very well most of the time on 1080i, except when i turn both on, the tv goes blue (bad/no signal), but after a while (10mins or so) will be ok. I can view thru s-video ok, and if i cycle through the resolutions on the humax box it sometimes will fix it straight away. The other resolutions are always fine.

I am still playing around to find out where the problem lies, either in the TV or STB....

Hi Ryan

You can buy the cable from Jaycar electronics, it costs about $39.00, you will also need BNC to RCA adaptors, about $2.00 each, all up about $50.00

I take it you have the 5 RCA SOCKETS on the back of your TV, otherwise the cable will be no good, as you require the Horizontal and Vertical sinc.

Your sony should be the same as mine tho. Red,Blue, Green, Black and Grey.

just match the colours with the cable

You will also have to set the sony from component to RGB for the component input channel.

Good Luck

Regards

I too, have a Sony KVHR36M31 and with a decent HDSTB the picture is of a very high quality on standard definition. When I move to 90 over 9 I see a slight improvement which makes me think that the picture quality in this configuration is more to do with the scaling technology in the STB/fine pitch screen as apposed to whether I am receiving a HD signal or not. :blink:

The previous comments only relate to my screen size and may be completely different and more expensive and larger display devices. This belief is pushing me to try to get a DVD player that can do the scaling technology but with the Sony KVHR36M31 in OZ with analog input limits the choices to a Chinese built unit (over the Denon 1910) which has video high frequency roll off right where I need it. :P

sccubas Posted: Sep 23 2004, 10:14 AM 

Hi. Everyone!

The software version of LST-4100P is has been changed from 1.00.05 to 1.00.06.

We fixed the following problems:

1) The inprovement of flickering problem when broadcasts display 1920X1080i and STB's resoultion switch set to 720P.

2) The improvement of Aspect ratio, we added a new pillar box and zoom function on 16X9 broadcasting.

Please e-mail me if you want a new software.

Would this help with my issue of the LG not displaying 1080i??????????????????????

Cheers Ryan

sccubas Posted: Sep 23 2004, 10:14 AM 

Hi. Everyone!

The software version of LST-4100P is has been changed from 1.00.05 to 1.00.06.

We fixed the following problems:

1) The inprovement of flickering problem when broadcasts display 1920X1080i and STB's resoultion switch set to 720P.

2) The improvement of Aspect ratio, we added a new pillar box and zoom function on 16X9 broadcasting.

Please e-mail me if you want a new software.

Would this help with my issue of the LG not displaying 1080i??????????????????????

Cheers Ryan

Ryan did you try the xga connection yet ?

Angelo

I finally got to the botom of the LG not displaying 1080i,it wasnt my tv,component leads or settings.Get this,the box i had had current firmware which was supposed to fix the 720p flickering but hadnt and it wouldnt display 1080i for some reason,could it be that the firware wasnt installed properly or something? so i went and swapped it for one with the older frimware and it works a treat very happy with the LG compared to the previous DG-TECs and Panas i had.Although ive got 1080i working 720p still flickers. :blink:

Ryan did you try the xga connection yet ?
No Angelo i havent tried the XGA yet as when i was at JB and inquired about the leads the guy said it would cost over $100,i didnt think this was right so ill have to investigate further where to get the connection at a much cheaper price obviously.How much difference are we looking at as opposed to component?

Cheers Ryan