and would like them to manufacture and market

a PCI HDTV modulator card for Australian HDTV

standards so people can connect their

standalone HDTV Digital set top box from the proposed

Dvico PCI HDTV modulator card aerial output to the

aerial input of their standalone HDTV set top box

and thus we can play recorded Fusion HDTV .tp files on our

PC and watch them through our standalone HDTV

set top box on our HDTV compatible TV's.

The PC becomes a HDTV transmitter for standalone

HDTV's.

Please email DVICO if you'd be interested in such a product.

I'm a Fusion HDTV owner in Australia

and would like them to manufacture and market

a PCI HDTV modulator card for Australian HDTV

standards so people can connect their

standalone HDTV Digital set top box from the proposed

Dvico PCI HDTV modulator card aerial output to the

aerial input of their standalone HDTV set top box

and thus we can play recorded Fusion HDTV .tp files on our

PC and watch them through our standalone HDTV

set top box on our HDTV compatible TV's.

The PC becomes a HDTV transmitter for standalone

HDTV's.

Please email DVICO if you'd be interested in such a product.

I am struggling to understand what you are talking about :blink:

I already connect my PC to my TV (via VGA) and watch recorded tp file on my TV?? (and don't need another STB)

What use would this new thing be to me?

DZ

One advantage is you could reticulate the HDTV RF signal around the house

so you can watch HDTV in any room in your house with a set top box and TV

retaining true digital quality.

A TV retailer could record HDTV loop and play it to all his TV's

day and night to sell HDTV's without relying on Channel 9

Hi pheggie,

DVICO already produces a Media Player product (the TViX) that can be connected to a PC via USB and a TV via component.

I have not tried it myself yet, but it would not take much to use that device connected to your TV and stream HDTV via the USB2 port.

I understand that future developement of this device will result in a Network Media Player (wired and wireless), which can probably achieve most of what you are looking for.

Cheers

Renura

I'm going a bit off track but I is there is a way to record everything the digital card is receiving. Say it records simultaneously 5 .tp files e.g. channel7.tp, channel10.tp etc for say 30 minutes (this would probably use lots of hard disk space but anyway) then any computer (or some fancy device for your TV) could simply watch the tp over the network and time-shift up to 30 minutes. I'm petty new to this stuff so go easy on me if this is stupid.

I'm going a bit off track but I is there is a way to record everything the digital card is receiving. Say it records simultaneously 5 .tp files e.g. channel7.tp, channel10.tp etc for say 30 minutes (this would probably use lots of hard disk space but anyway) then any computer (or some fancy device for your TV) could simply watch the tp over the network and time-shift up to 30 minutes.

Hi T-man,

The tuner can only tune into one frequency at a time, so you can only record everything being broadcast on that frequency (which may be more than on "channel" - eg SBS Digital 1, SBS Digital 2, SBS Radio, etc).

Cheers

Renura

Your idea of a DVB modulator would be very handy, but ATM, to buy these, we are talking the equivalent $$ of a small car.  A lot more complexity involved than a simple PAL modulator.

Think bigger - 10 small cars.

ha ha... I'm not talking about a transmitter or encoder, just a very low powered RF modulator for his transport stream. And by small car, I don't mean as small as an excel or anything like that.... at least $20,000+

No I want a signal inside coaxial cable not a tower on Mount Dandenong besides

the cost I'd have problem of facing jail for transmitting without

a license I'll stick with legal cable transmission thanks.

However, because it is all digital - it would be quite expensive. 200k+ isn't an exaggeration - that isn't to say something won't come along in the future which is more affordable to the general public. At the moment, the best closest and most affordable solution would be to purchase something like a Neuston or Zensonic Network Media Player.

Example:

http://www.hyperreality.com.au/hyper.php?s...k_media_players

... like a Neuston or Zensonic Network Media Player.

Please dont think I'm trying to bag competing products, but I suggest that people be wary of the Zensonic until at least the first firmware/server software update - particular in light of feedback like this (for WebScheduler users):

http://www.zensonic.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=392

The Dvico Tvix is a great product and I love mine, however at this stage it does not play .tp files nor can it cope with HD MPEG2 files. SD and DVD's are fine! Hopefully a firmware revison will fix this issue in the future.

Just rip a DVD to it and it will play though any TV with RCA's and comes with a remote! Works as a portable MP3 and photo player as well and even has optical and coaxial outputs. All you do is add your HDD.

http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod1614.htm

Check it out above.

Newbee

The Dvico Tvix is a great product and I love mine, however at this stage it does not play .tp files nor can it cope with HD MPEG2 files. SD and DVD's are fine! Hopefully a firmware revison will fix this issue in the future.

Just rip a DVD to it and it will play though any TV with RCA's and comes with a remote! Works as a portable MP3 and photo player as well and even has optical and coaxial outputs. All you do is add your HDD.

http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod1614.htm

Check it out above.

Newbee

Does th TVix output @50Hz through component and upscale as well??? (i.e. 1080i@50Hz), if so then I might consider this unit.

:blink:

Does th TVix output @50Hz through component and upscale as well??? (i.e. 1080i@50Hz), if so then I might consider this unit.

Hi dogsrus,

Have a look Here

Unfortunately, it does not support playback of HDTV or streaming, yet.

Cheers

Renura

Thanks Renura, but I already checked out the site, doesn't specifically state 1080i@50Hz, only PAL etc. I assume from that it would, but I was thinking like the Momitsu V880, says it can do 1080i etc through component, but only at 60Hz, same as the Neuston MC-500, until just recently fixed by a firmware upgrade to do 1080i@50Hz.

:blink:

.. same as the Neuston MC-500, until just recently fixed by a firmware upgrade to do 1080i@50Hz.

:P

Good eh?. It took a little while to get it into an official release version of the firmware, but we managed to convince Neuston that it was necessary for the Australian market, and they came to the party. :blink:

Newbee

I thought the TVix and Neuston were limited by the chipsets used, not firmware?? Anyone know?? I think they are both great products, but would like to know, as I have seen forum posts reagrding new chipsets able to handle HDTV resolutions etc. :blink: