Does anyone know what channel nine's frequency on FM in sydney is.I'm sure you can pick it up because I can pick up NBN in Newcastle when I'm in Newcastle.

No, I'm afraid you are mistaken, you cannot pick up CH9 audio on a regular 87.5-108MHz FM radio in Sydney.

You can get NBN in Newcastle & WIN in Wollongong on the radio because they broadcast on VHF 3. VHF channel 3 overlaps with the lower end of the broadcast FM band (91.75MHz left audio, 92MHz right audio or something similar) however in Sydney CH9 is broadcast on, well, VHF-9 which is way off what your FM radio can receive, unless you get one of those TV band radios... Or you could try your luck getting a super-doopery deep fringe VHF/FM rooftop aerial and try and pull in the signal from Wollongong or Newcastle (which may be possible depending on where in Sydney you are) but if you are at home I guess you'd be watching it on the TV anyways.

Winston,

VHF 3, 4 & 5 are in the FM band.

85-92, 94-101 and 101-108 MHz.

The audio signal is approx 6.75MHz above the low edge listed above (and the stereo [R] signal is at 0.242 above the mono [L+R] one). TV stereo is different to FM stereo so you will not get stereo out of your radio

VHF 9 is 195-292 MHz. Its audio is therefore on 291.75MHz.

Does anyone know what channel nine's frequency on FM in sydney is.I'm sure you can pick it up because I can pick up NBN in Newcastle when I'm in Newcastle.

that scared me when in newcastle recently, i though i was going crazy when i came across 91.75MHz on the radio, and i was the "still the one" ident

And if you start fidling with your analog tv, and tune in to around VHF channel 3,4 or 5, you might pick up FM radio station(s) on the audio, and some squiggly lines for a picture... ( FM transmission ... AM demodulation )

Nothing thats going to affect digital of course.

Except the day they turn off analog TV tranmissions on Channels 0 to 5 .. and some sorry person will think that the TV station is has accidentally started transmitting a radio station ....

All,

Channel 3 91.75 MHz Mono sound 91.99 MHz Right channel only

New South Wales

WIN3 Narooma

NBN3 Newcastle

ABN3 Nyngan

WIN3 Wollongong

Queensland

ABTQ3 Townsville

South Australia

ABRS3 Renmark/Loxton

Western Australia