A stupid question

I've had my TEAC 420 plugged in for about 20 minutes, working perfectly, found all the channels, full strength, but... I am confused... I've got 4 or 5 channel Ten's (excluding the HD channels) all apparently with the same content, the only thing that appears to differ is the volume.

Is there a purpose for these extra channels? Are they duplucates or do they carry extra content at different times of day?

I've had my TEAC 420 plugged in for about 20 minutes, working perfectly, found all the channels, full strength, but... I am confused... I've got 4 or 5 channel Ten's (excluding the HD channels) all apparently with the same content, the only thing that appears to differ is the volume.

Is there a purpose for these extra channels? Are they duplucates or do they carry extra content at different times of day?

Nope, they're there cause they're "Reserved for future use". Basically, they direct the STB to use the same video stream as the normal LCN10 (eg you may have ABC programmed on more than one preset on an analogue TV)

If there are no sporting special events on, the non-duplicate channels for Sydney are: (HD channels have been taken off this list since you have a SD box)

1. Ten

2. ABC

3. SBS

4. Combined FTA VPG

7. Seven

9. Nine

11. Ten VPG

31. SBS EPG

33. SBS World News

38. SBS Radio 1

39. SBS Radio 2

40. Digital 44

41: ABC News/Weather/Sport

45: NSW Government

46: Australian Christian Channel

48: TAB

49: Expo

77: Seven VPG

99: Nine VPG

200: ABC DiG Radio

401: Federal House of Reps

402: Federal Senate

403: House of Reps Main Committee

404: Fed Com 1

405: Fed Com 2

406: Fed Com 3

407: Fed Com 4

When special events are on, these also show non-duplicate content:

31: SBS Multiview (Uses the EPG channel)

71: Seven Statistics

91: Nine Multiview

Look out for a second ABC channel which'll come in March next year. Depending on your aerial setup you may also get these channels from Central Coast or the Illawarra:

5. Southern Cross 10

6. PRiME

8. WIN or NBN

These generally show the same as the Sydney channels however may feature slight variations (eg, Local News and more cricket on WIN/NBN) and also different ads.

You may also want to refer to this thread: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=8589

Winston,