ABC offline

ABC went offline at 12:34am (Wednesday morning). Apparently they are cutting across to the new tower location now (same place where the commercials broadcast from).

They should be back online fairly shortly.

In the meantime, you're missing out on a 1938 comedy entitled The Mad Miss Manton starring Barbara Stanwyck, Henry Fonda, Sam Levene, Frances Mercer, Stanley Ridges, Vicki Lester and Whitney Bourne. Is that Jane's dad?

As for me, I'm currently watching the AFL Coaches Awards on Seven HD (no, it's not native HD).

Adam

Hari, are you running your RF through your VCR first? If so, try turning your VCR off and/or try connecting directly from the antenna socket to the STB. Some VCRs transmit on UHF 36 (which is what SBS use) by default and this will trash their signal, even if you don't make use of the RF out of your VCR to connect to your TV.

Once you rule out this possibility, you can move on to other things. BTW... I have a Panasonic VCR and it transmits on this frequency. If I have the VCR on, I get no (or very blocky) SBS. Switch the VCR off, and SBS is instantly perfect. I should change the way I have the RF connected to the STB but I haven't been bothered yet because I don't watch a lot of SBS and don't use the VCR very much these days either :blink:

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

I don't receive ABC since they moved location.

Has always been fine alone with SBS (when we only had 2 channels).

Now since they all went online - NO ABC ! ! !

Auntie what's going on??

I manually tuned in the ABC but Signal Power is 40%, but Quality 0 - 3%. This is totally unwatchable.

Did anyone else go on the blink with the ABC about a week ago?

:blink:

Yes,

ABC is constantly at around 50% signal strength...unwatchable. Tonight though all channels were crap, constantly cutting out, audio missing a split second every few seconds....THANK GOD FOR ANALOG!

I live right next to Currumbin Tower but am pointed to Mt. Tam...trees in the way...not sure what my aerial is or if I have an amp in...I'd call an antena tech but I'm the only one in the household with a STD, everyone else still uses analog...is there a solution that works for both off the same antena? I'd like to point the current one at Currumbin, but it will definately mean crap reception for the other tv's..... :blink: