At Last! - Now i need a STB.

Obba

Having tried the Dogitec 5000i and the 2000. Also the Pana and didn't try the Tosh as i worried over it's 5000i 'look a like', whilst living Sydney.

Now i have been up here (Arundel), DTV starved, i would like to get another HDSTB.

But i'm so scared of buying a dud again. The Dogitec was bad (the 2000 ok), and i believe the Pana 24something - didn't fair to well either.

1) Any negatives on the Homecast 5000? Cheap at $550 +GST??

2) I have forgotten the terminology for the 'term' that is for STBs having the switches on the back for changing resoultions?? The 5000i didn't have them - which i liked - but the Pana 24?? had two sets. I didn't like the fact that you had to get up and change them. But the Homecast doesn't seem to have anyway - does anyone know what actual switchs did and why would bother having them if it's a hassle to switch them over.

I was under the impression that if the switches were at 576x that's all you watched, even if the signal was in 720p or 1080i. So to view the signal properly, you had to switch the switches, so you could be watching a very HD signal (720/1080) and only see a 576 picture.

3) What are you guys going to talk about now? The Gold Coast Guy/ Tv4Free / Adam-0.

Have enjoyed watching your banterings for the last year now. I guess you're all happy chappies now.

Cheers guys.

Alan.

Alan, The new Homecast HT5000 HD STB will not be avalable for another week or two. The price is $499 including GST and delivery for forum members only as an introductory price (first shipment),so it is an excellent buy at that price.

See the HDSTB forums for updates.

C.M

3) What are you guys going to talk about now? The Gold Coast Guy/ Tv4Free / Adam-0.

Have enjoyed watching your banterings for the last year now. I guess you're all happy chappies now.

Very happy!!!

There's always Springbrook to talk about. It's expected to have digital transmitters pointing to the Gold Coast early-mid next year to fill in the blackspots.

Evan :->