fusionHDTV ERROR? application already running msg

I'm still fiddling around the getting my fusionHDTV card to run smoothly, but i'm finding this problem rather annoying and can't see what's causing it.

sometime when i try to launch fusionHDTV and it pops up a message box called "fusionHDTV info" with the message of "application is already running".

this only happens now and then when activated from the remote, the desktop shortcut and the toolbar autorun option.

The only way to get fusion to start is the KILL the fusionhdtv.exe process (using Ctrl-Alt-Del to get my task manager up in XP).. not something i want to be doing every day.

anyone else experienced this problem?

thanks

Matt.G

I sometimes get this as well. It seems to be because the USB remote receiver is detecting two "power on" signals and therefore trying to start the application twice, giving you the error message for the one that fails. If one of the copies does start, you can check this by pressing the volume up or down and seeing if it moves in steps of 1 or 2.

I've found closing and restarting the remote receiver app seems to fix the problem.

Hi Curtis,

thanks for replying.

funny you should mention the remote usb as i noticed last night that the damn thing wouldn't accept any remote commands... so perhaps there is a problem there.

i'll try exiting the remote auto-run next time it occurs.

thanks

Matt.G