Vinyl - Currently Spinning

5 hours ago, April Snow said:

I agree - it is annoying that Amazon US are now using Australia Post/Fastway for deliveries - I did prefer it when they used DHL which not only arrived in better condition but also arrived quicker. The damage to Shane's album is really unforgivable. 

So is that why my latest order took 5 days to be picked up??? Makes a mockery of their "expedited delivery" option then!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Spinning some grunge today 

For a 3 piece band they produced some great music 

Artist - Nirvana 

Title - Nevermind 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Nevermind/release/7097051

F64-C4-D3-A-54-A6-4-DA0-B123-FBD9-AB5-EE

26 minutes ago, hlov said:

Iconic album, thanks @Candyflip for this. It sounds unreal 

AC0859AD-9045-4931-93CF-FF11FFB30D81.jpeg

The baby on the cover who is now in his early twenties is suing Nivana's record company for sexual exploitation because they didn't censor his willy and because he had no say in it......which he declares has ruined his life. Mmmm.....🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, stevoz said:

The baby on the cover who is now in his early twenties is suing Nivana's record company for sexual exploitation because they didn't censor his willy and because he had no say in it......which he declares has ruined his life. Mmmm.....🙄

Yes, which really makes us think to be careful posting babies & children pics on social media these days that is for sure. Whatever the outcome is for this dude could set some interesting precedents in the future regarding privacy and children and consent in Social Media.

His parents allowed the photo back then, but it is true he had no say and it is one of the most recognisable covers in history...............I am expecting to see re-issues with blanked out bits in the future (and have noticed on some Websites they already have done that).

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stevoz said:

And yet he happily took part in the anniversary promo... Hmmmm....🤔

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 25/09/2021 at 10:25 AM, YCC said:

The intro to "Chan Chan" must sound magical on this?

In my opinion - yes it does :).  Those bongos sound sublime and background instruments are balanced beautifully against the lead and backing vocals.  Beautiful sound staging, it feels like I'm in the room with the band.

Like I say, I don't know how this compares to the original though.

• Like 3

On 22/09/2021 at 1:26 PM, hlov said:

Oh boy, this is just beautiful and the sound quality is great. MOV pressing Memoirs of a Geisha. This bad boy came all the way from Poland, thanks @scuzzii for the recommendation 

4AFE47CB-9A10-45D5-9990-E78566E68F0C.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this... I had seen the movie (which I enjoyed immensely) but, didn't realise there was a soundtrack release... quick listen on Youtube & I'm sold...

Just ordered a copy through Groovesland in Germany having ordered stuff successfully through them before... looking forward to it's arrival now... :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FNQ Outcast said:

Thanks for sharing this... I had seen the movie (which I enjoyed immensely) but, didn't realise there was a soundtrack release... quick listen on Youtube & I'm sold...

Just ordered a copy through Groovesland in Germany having ordered stuff successfully through them before... looking forward to it's arrival now... :)

That is the beauty of this community, the pressing is great. You won’t be disappointed 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Volunteer

1973 Original Australian first press. A favourite go-to album. Never gets old. First time listening on the new amp which is now clocking about 150 hours of running-in. Sounding glorious.

When Mrs Tel closes all the doors between my listening spot and the study so she can do Zoom meetings, you know you're listening at the right levels 😆

image.thumb.jpeg.2ed60d275c021b73f4609c3015872f6e.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

To Top