Sublime recording from Miles, you can literally sense the air being breathed through the wind instruments like they're in the room!

Good suggestion @scuzzii :thumb:

20210619_194209.thumb.jpg.96377a2b1809adf26613e734e629214f.jpg

• Like 11
  • Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuggler

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I want the real thing! Pink Floyd "Animals" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing.  

Men At Work - Business as Usual.  Japanese pressing.  

Shintaro Quintet - Evolution. 2LP 45rpm 2021 release on Streetnoise Records. Just sensational. Thanks John @scuzzii:thumb:

Shintaro Quintet - Evolution.JPG

• Like 8

Willie Nelson - That's Life. 33rpm 2021 release on Legacy label. Very good collection of Sinatra covers and delivered with Willie's impeccable style. Great recording too.:thumb:

Willie Nelson - That's Life.JPG

Willie Nelson - That's Life back cover.JPG

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Staying with the 80’s pop shelf…

John Farnham - Whispering Jack - 1986

6196EF3A-B284-459A-AFB1-3A29A6109122.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi All,

Love Has Many Faces (A Quartet, A Ballet, Waiting To Be Danced), Joni Mitchell, LP #3 of 8

Joni.jpg.f49483c86333e665c114efcec8e6bd17.jpg

Act 2 : The Light Hard To Find
E1    Court And Spark    
E2    Not To Blame    
E3    Nothing Can Be Done    
E4    Comes Love    
E5    Trouble Child    
F1    No Apologies    
F2    Moon at The Window    
F3    Blue    
F4    Tax Free

• Like 7

I haven't played an LP for awhile and this one has been sitting on the platter since I discovered massive buzzing through the phono chain a few days ago. I had recently added a new TV and 4K bluray player to the system, so it turned out it was just a case of removing these two plugs from the Thor power board to solve it. Phew....but it took me a few days to have the guts to start tinkering as my 'tinkering' can sometimes lead to further and compounded disappointment.:rolleyes:

The Alan Parsons Project "Turn Of A Friendly Card" Canadian 1st pressing. One of my favourite albums from that era. I bought an Oz 1st pressing on it's release but don't have it now:unsure:.....I have no idea where that one ended up!¬¬ This pressing is outstanding, as Canadian pressings usually are from my experience.

The Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card - Amazon.com Music

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 10
  • Love 2

Hi All,

Revisiting Lisa Gerrard and Jules Maxwell, Burn

1620396023_LisaGerrardandJulesMaxwellBurn.jpg.42918abccbbc8df3942cafdc8cd318fc.jpg

• Like 7

The APP juices are flowing now......"Vulture Culture" German 1st pressing. Bit crackly at times this one....might have to seek out a better copy.

The Alan Parsons Project. Vulture Culture – Bertelsmann Vinyl Collection

• Like 10

Tankard - Hymns For The Drunk

Quite excellent drinking music and have been listening to these guys since before legal drinking age!

WIN_20210620_14_54_56_Pro.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

APP "Eve" Oz 1st pressing.....one of The Project's best albums. Who, like me, took ages to realise the lovely ladies on the cover had warts and moles?! :laugh:

Alan Parsons Project, The - Eve (Mov Version) - Amazon.com Music

@Tubularbells I noted your love emoji for "Turn Of A Friendly Card".....great album and that cover is so appropriate to be in "The Church"! :laugh:

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 8

It’s Cold and Wet here in Perth…

Got myself staying warm with Shelby Lynne….

B3A14645-EDBC-41E3-88D1-EFE8930E6AEC.jpeg

Edited by AccuMagi
  • Like 8
5 minutes ago, stevoz said:

APP "Eve" Oz 1st pressing.....one of The Project's best albums. Who, like me, took ages to realise the lovely ladies on the cover had warts and moles?! :laugh:

Alan Parsons Project, The - Eve (Mov Version) - Amazon.com Music

@Tubularbells I noted your love emoji for "Turn Of A Friendly Card".....great album and that cover is so appropriate for "The Church"! :laugh:

Indeed as its often my fav APP album and perhaps one of the best and most coherent concept albums he's done . Got the Aussie and Speaker Corner versions & both sound excellent.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, AccuMagi said:

It’s Cold and Wet here in Perth…

It is, hey Sister Moonshine won't you send me a little sun

Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis?

IMG_20210620_132022818_HDR.thumb.jpg.5d953f5a5bd888da70de403bdcfd7f63.jpg

Edited by turnthetable
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Recent purchase...

Toto: Toto IV (Australian Pressing 1982)

Reasonable condition for a relatively inexpensive pickup... Couple of small pops & crackles here & there...

20210620_150401.jpg

• Like 9

Alan Parsons Project: Pyramid (US Pressing 1978)

Possibly released in NZ, as it states 'Marketed by EMI (New Zealand) Limited'. Runout matrix indicates US pressing though

Another recent pickup, reasonable copy...

20210620_154902.jpg

Edited by FNQ Outcast
  • Like 9

Today's APP journey continues with "Pyramid" (Canadian 1st pressing) and I see it's not just me playing it! :thumb: Great album.

The Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid Artwork (1 of 105) | Last.fm

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 11

Hi All,

Supertramp, Even In The Quietest Moments

Supertramp.jpg.c51ab84f01e7e561cd212922c1faa5c0.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Another pickup from yesterday's trip up to the Tablelands

John Stewart: bombs away dream babies (Australian Pressing 1979)

GOLD!! 

20210620_163605.jpg

• Like 4

INXS: Kick (Australian Pressing 1987)

Near Mint copy I acquired yesterday...

What a new sensation, I'm truly mystified by the Devil inside this LP...😊

20210620_172829.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Last of yesterday's acquisitions, again NM condition

Mike Oldfield: Hergest Ridge (Australian Pressing 1974)

20210620_192759.jpg

Edited by FNQ Outcast
  • Like 8

Hi All,

Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars OST

1633699781_ZiggyStardustAndTheSpidersFromMarsOST.jpg.1be223fd7c8b82e753dd66739b3a23af.jpg

• Like 10
16 hours ago, metal beat said:

Suicide Squad soundtrack - such a great soundtrack

S7HTGzH.jpg

Possibly my favourite 'superhero' movie.B|

• Like 3