• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janjuggler

• hlov

• Full Range

• April Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Men At Work - Business as Usual.  Japanese pressing.  

Cheers Hector.  I have it and a great album it is.           Thanks to @evil c   Donald Fagen - The Nightfly    Mofi one step release.   High standard

Posted (edited)

RIP to Nick Kamen who passed away today 🙏

Nick Kamen

Each Time You Break My Heart

12 inch Single

Australia

Written and Produced By Madonna and Madonna also did backing vocals.

IMG_9496.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, hlov said:

This sounds amazing 

E4A17EDD-5D59-4442-A5EF-BE7E52117F4B.jpeg

Out of interest, have you got the Oz 1st pressing of this? I ask because I bought the Mofi Silver Label issue of "Wild Planet' and my Oz 1st pressing of it beats the Mofi handsomely. If I had not heard the Oz pressing, I may have thought the Mofi sounded pretty damn good but alas, it sounds veiled and lacks dynamics in comparison.:(

Maybe/hopefully they got this one right?

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 3

Prince ‎– Originals -2019 -  amazing 2LP compilation of Prince songs that were originally released by other artists.

QVhqNhr.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, metal beat said:

Prince ‎– Originals -2019 -  amazing 2LP compilation of Prince songs that were originally released by other artists.

Except for the Kenny Rogers one *I just cant*  🤣

Edited by April Snow
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, RR456 said:Van Halen - Balance

87C0E6D8-F954-4D5C-9364-25A0B56466E2.jpeg

Wow, that is an awesome record 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, hlov said:

That’s interesting, I have MoFi voices and it does sound really good. I have a Jap pressing of Private Eyes that I have never played will give it a go and let you know, it might be that the recording is just bad

Would love to hear your feedback thanks.  I can then keep a lookout for a Japanese pressing as I do like the album.

45RPM......🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼 🤟

C1115479-46E1-44AC-A2CD-409064BCE6C3.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 1
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

BA303984-D34E-44FF-89CD-28D4254CCAD2.thumb.jpeg.2816afe6d6e55dc349a43b8da3751baa.jpeg

763C4CA8-6AEA-4933-80A3-8D7E27E4CB0A.thumb.jpeg.84cdbd66e963cee3011ac02830c38532.jpeg

6FE2D7AB-2FC0-4EB6-A09A-4E7D9F1F0C53.jpeg

I got my copy about a month ago and love it!👍

Have you taken that cling wrap off and played them yet?😄

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2

4 Non Blondes - Bigger, Better, Faster, More!

60DBBFCD-311D-48CC-9B62-9A7735EF9D20.jpeg

• Like 6

Prefab Sprout - From Langley Park To Memphis

It's lush and fun.

I hate to say it but the CD copy I have sounds better.  I bought the CD back in the late 1980s, this bit of vinyl a few years ago when a local S/H bookshop was clearing out somebodies record collection.

Somewhat in it's defence it's a "promotional only" copy that probably came from a radio station, so who knows how it's been treated.  It looks fine but it sounds a lot like it was mastered far too hot for vinyl - lots of poorly handled sibilance on the vocals and a lot of the cymbal splashes sound like white noise.  You can kinda tune it out but every now and again there is a big cymbal splash or Paddy hitting an S really hard in the lyrics.  I have a feeling it was a victim of the record industry going CD first and vinyl becoming a bit of an afterthought.

A shame because what usually happens is I put the cover on my now playing stand and sneak the CD into the cd player.

20210507_082833.jpg

• Like 3

Hi All,

Depeche Mode, Construction Time Again, LP #3 from the Box Set

39338650_DepecheModeGetTheBalanceRight.jpg.7fac2167bbf9e982306777530a60ad09.jpg

Tracklist:

E    Everything Counts (In Larger Amounts)    7:19
F    Work Hard (East End Remix)    6:58

• Like 6
Posted (edited)

Kevin Johnson - Rock & Roll I Gave You The Best Years Of My Life

Pretty rugged copy, bit of water damage on the cover and some surface damage on the record itself but it sounds surprisingly good (could probably do with a clean).  I'd really only heard the title track (and the awful video shot for it) - singer/songwriter stuff and better than I expected.

edit:  the video is awful, when the camera pans back and you see the poor bugger sitting there in his flares tapping his foot, he reminds me of the Muppets "Country Trio".

20210507_093606.jpg

Edited by Old Man Rubber
  • Like 4
18 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Kevin Johnson - Rock & Roll I Gave You The Best Years Of My Life

Pretty rugged copy, bit of water damage on the cover and some surface damage on the record itself but it sounds surprisingly good (could probably do with a clean).  I'd really only heard the title track (and the awful video shot for it) - singer/songwriter stuff and better than I expected.

Yes, sadly underrated IMO.  A gifted songwriter.

I've got vinyl copies of both of the studio albums he did in the 80's and really like them both.

Night Rider & In The Spirit Of The Times.

• Like 3

Hi All,

Caravanserai, Santana

899389614_CaravanseraiSantana.jpg.1fc1bc00bf9b24ee13edd3e28c00f374.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, qik_shift said:

Would love to hear your feedback thanks.  I can then keep a lookout for a Japanese pressing as I do like the album.

Here you go,

the Japanese didn’t impress me so it might be that the recording is just bad, I played my German compilation that has few songs from the Private eyes and sounds much better, maybe aim for an European reissue

C27EDBAB-9889-4352-A8FE-E1044BDEE9D6.jpeg

B36D1FE6-22DC-46A8-AE75-2D4801B72B21.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The Everly Brothers - The Very Best of the Everly Brothers

I am not a big fan of "best of" records but this thing is phenomenal.  "Cathy's Clown" is such a weirdly structured song.  One of the records my parents had (not this copy though) and as far as I can recollect one of my earliest listening experiences.  Remains one of my favourite records of all time.

20210507_133357.jpg

• Like 6

Al Green - "Call Me" backed by the legendary Willie Mitchell groove machine

16203595044136615004139621969266.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Hi All,

A recent arrival, Marschmellows, Swoundosophy

1168427910_MarschmellowsSwoundosophy.jpg.c841aecb814db902a234803b2cb50542.jpg

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Bisguittin said:

Berlin - Count Three & Pray.

Please tell me it has at least one shot of the band looking goofy with their new wave hairstyles and makeup, staring into the distance or staring down their noses.  Or off into the distance but none of them smiling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)

Sade - Promise

Just after Youtube started to get useful the most regular whine you would hear from the kids was "Muuuuum, Dad's watching the wedgie lady again"

20210507_152706.jpg

Edited by Old Man Rubber
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Hi All,

The Black Keys, Brothers

1977399506_TheBlackKeysBrothers.jpg.77ca6bad51602f2340ce009015a2430c.jpg

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Old Man Rubber said:

Please tell me it has at least one shot of the band looking goofy with their new wave hairstyles and makeup, staring into the distance or staring down their noses.  Or off into the distance but none of them smiling.

Yes it does have at least one shot that satisfies your suspicion. For your viewing pleasure!

20210507_161620-01.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi All,

Home Alone so can turn the volume up, Deep Purple, In Rock

2087830314_DeepPurpleInRock.jpg.55531b3b151d1805ae2315b4acc6b04f.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 2
Posted (edited)

Hi Janjuc recently you posted this in the joke for the day thread

Accordion.png

and last night I was listening to this - the only two piano accordion, double bass, drums, sax folk music combo I've encountered.

R-3239660-1321878094.jpeg.jpg

Trust me, this is not the next big thing. But rated 4.0 out of 5 on discogs, which is about right, especially for those who like two piano accordion, double bass, drums, sax folk music combos.

Edited by ThirdDrawerDown
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Meantime, tonight: The Monochrome Set.

R-837270-1414178250-2987.jpeg.jpg

I always hear this as at the intersection of 70's Cale and Eno with XTC and the Kinks. Very special.

• Like 3