Meridian Explorer Cables

bhobba

Hi All

Mike kindly let me come down to check out my new Meridian Explorer 2 on his system.

Unknown to me he already makes a variant of the Curios cable specifically for the explorer and are reasonably popular.

Well it turned out a good quality RCA cable made a huge difference with that DAC so Mike decided to make one specifically for it like the curios cable variant.   It will be different to Mikes normal cables as it will have a 3.5mm jack at one end and RCA's at the other.   I have left my Explorer down there to help Mike in the development process.

I think he mentioned it shouldn't take to long so if you have one of these DAC's you may like to consider one.

A good cable made a HUGE difference with my DAC and I will be getting one.

Will report on exactly what it does when I get mine - but I will be trying some other things with that DAC as well such as usb regen and a clean linear supply.   Will see what difference each change makes.

Thanks

Bill 

Edited by bhobba

1 hour ago, bhobba said:

Hi All

Mike kindly let me come down to check out my new Meridian Explorer 2 on his system.

Unknown to me he already makes a variant of the Curios cable specifically for the explorer and are reasonably popular.

Well it turned out a good quality RCA cable made a huge difference with that DAC so Mike decided to make one specifically for it like the curios cable variant.   It will be different to Mikes normal cables as it will have a 3.5mm jack at one end and RCA's at the other.   I have left my Explorer down there to help Mike in the development process.

I think he mentioned it shouldn't take to long so if you have one of these DAC's you may like to consider one.

A good cable made a HUGE difference with my DAC and I will be getting one.

Will report on exactly what it does when I get mine - but I will be trying some other things with that DAC as well such as usb regen and a clean linear supply.   Will see what difference each change makes.

Thanks

Bill 

Thanks Bill 

.                 When we tried the Explorer 2 with the cable it came with I thought OK not bad ,after all this is only a $400 fit in your pocket device about the size of a small mobile phone .

It certainly performed sorta ok but when we put the new prototype interconnect on the jump in performance was just huge and we were using a lousy $2 RCA to 3.5mm adaptor at the Explorer end. 

It's just amazing how good that little Explorer can sound .  

Regards Mike Lenehan