Yamaha Musiccast zone pre and power amp

Yamaha are just releasing there zone pre and powered amp to supplement the Musiccast range. I have been waiting for this to add a music cast zone to my lounge rooms rotel system. But given the low usability of the rotel system (, no body but me due to the remotes not working). I am thinking of replacing the rotel preamplifier with this Completely? Feeding the cd into this and powering it with the rotel amp if I get going again . But what would I need to get to have the phone run through the analog or digital inputs?

http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/desktop-audio/wxc-50/?mode=model

Looks like a nice bit of kit, and for the $ has lots of options. Yamaha haven't had a dedicated DAC/streamer for a long time

As for connecting a phono, The data sheet says the volume control is digital so you would have to think the analogue in is using a A/D converter. Like the NAD M12

Might sound great but I wouldn't be happy knowing I was listening to digital vinyl

They have to fix their Musiccast software first. I don't find it pleasant at all. Doesn't pick up all my files from NAS, have to use plex to stream form NAS and loading files takes a long time around 1 -2 minutes to access music. Google Audiocast for $60 kills it and that is pretty disappointing form Yamaha's point of view.

I am sure YAMAHA will only improve it. They seem to be in this big this time?

Iam going to order the pre amp and run it through the rotel pre and use the YAMAHAs 12v trigger through a 12v/240v switch to automatically switch on the rotel gear. That'll mean the system will be convenient for all to use for everyday use and when I wanna spin vinyl or play a cd through the 991 I'll just switch inputs manually? Am I missing something?

Bit peeved off with this as for ages Yamaha were saying that the only way to get Musiccast is to buy a new reciever or a new mussicast product. I just sold a Yammy Rx-a2000 and Denon amp to get new musiccast stuff where I could've kept them and just got 2 of these.

• Like 1

Bit peeved off with this as for ages Yamaha were saying that the only way to get Musiccast is to buy a new reciever or a new mussicast product. I just sold a Yammy Rx-a2000 and Denon amp to get new musiccast stuff where I could've kept them and just got 2 of these.

Who you been talking too? Eastwood told me this was coming some time ago but nothing solid. It was only last week I was told and found the link.

Since I am after a Dac, streamer and preamp with Ht Bypass I keep coming back to the Yamaha WXC-50 for under $500! Anyone see any reviews on this yet. How would it stack up against say a bluesound node considering though that the Yamaha has a lot more connection options and half the cost.

Edited by powerav