Hi,

I have a beautiful Braun SK55 that I picked up at a garage sale several years ago. The tonearm is damaged and someone has made a poor attempt at rewiring. Does anyone know where I could source a new tonearm or recommend someone to chat to about getting it fixed in the Melbourne area.

Cheers...

post-155527-0-23341100-1460204998_thumb.

post-155527-0-86251100-1460205012_thumb.

post-155527-0-94267500-1460205367_thumb.

post-155527-0-85491800-1460205400_thumb.

Edited by MattCP

Thanks Paul...pics added and I sent an email to lovetube via the Golden Age Audio website. 

It is the banana type and the stylus head has broken off plus I think there is a counter weight missing from the back. 

It powers up fine and I'm and its clean inside. 

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Andrei.s
      Item Condition: excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: kareela State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       Sigh, this is probably last one with impact bearings etc. remarkable piece of music equipment.
      New Ortofon head-shell leads.

Can be supplied with different tonearm cables starting from (have a few for sale, cheapest probably ikeda at $500 AUD) 

will pay the donation 

Photos:

• By Andrei.s
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: kogarah State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       Here is medium effective mass arm used a good deal to enter into the mono for me. 
      Excellent build quality and ease of set-up. Cleaning up the vault.
      thanks 

escription
      To make reliable tracing possible at a low stylus pressure under 1g the inside force cancel is needed.
      This new system used in the GST-1 stabilised the cancel by making use of the magnetic repulsion skilfully without giving any mechanic friction resistance over all and also without injuring the rotating function of the tonearm, having relation either with the temperature change nor the alternation by years.
      To make an accurate tracing whenever you change the cartridge, you have to change the arm height.
      Our GST-1 is equipped, with the height adjustment lever of the arm base, which can easily adjust accurately within 10mm height (1mm step measure).
      Specifications
      Effective length: 237mm
      Overhang: 15mm
      Height adjustment: 10mm

will pay the donation 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By BWJA
      Item Condition: New / Used. (Mint Condition) Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Seddon State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, Eft or cash on pickup Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information: Rega RB330 Tonearm (Melbourne)

Designed using the latest 3D CAD & CAM technology, the new RB330 is the culmination of more than 35 years of tonearm design experience. Featuring a brand new bearing housing and our latest tonearm tube designed using intelligent redistribution of mass,ensure this arm will exhibit fewer points of possible resonance.
      Extreme stability with almost friction free movement from the new high precision bearing assemblies guarantees to gather more information from your vinyl than ever before.

Featuring a new bias assembly, re-designed stiffer vertical bearing housing, integrated arm clip and an improved spring housing with easier to read numbers.Rega made, new low capacitance phono cable with Neutrik plugs.Improved lower friction, precision horizontal and vertical bearings.

Rega is famed for its tonearm designs. One unique characteristic of these designs is the achievement of near frictionless movement horizontally and vertically whilst having no measurable free play in the bearing assemblies (and in reality one or two microns of pre load). So, why has Rega spent over thirty years and invested so heavily in this area of tonearm design where the removal of even microns of movement has been pursued?

Cart not supplied, Tonearm is in mint condition - needing to sell to upgrade.

RRP$ currently approx $799

A donation will be made to SNA upon sale. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Richo1978
      I’ve been looking at a possible upgrade to my trusty green Rega RP6 with rb303 tonearm and upgraded counterweight by Michael Lim. 
      Just wondering if anyone knows if the Audiomods Classis V tonearm would be a worthwhile investment?
      I eventually would like to keep this as my second turntable and would like something that would compete favourably with either a Rega P8 or VPI Prime Scout .  Any thoughts and or experience would be appreciated. Till then, keep spinning and enjoy 🙂
    • By Deliversrants
      When i got these i spoke to a bloke in brisbane who did service and offered eq upgrades, lost his contact info (and not sure if he still does this)

If anyone has clues or intel on that person, or knows of any place i could  get these looked at i'd be most grateful.

Issues:  
      Slight speakerbuzz on one side, i know i could just dab some speakerglue on there but it's not something i have experience with and i think since these are older than i am, it's worth getting them looked at by a pro.

Got these second hand and they've never had a proper service or checkup - they're a really nice speaker apart from  a few crackles at times (EQ pots maybe cracked solder somewhere?.. idk)  and the buzz on one woofer means we're really not bothering to fire them up.  I'd prefer to get the electronics looked at if possible also since the upgrades ol'mate suggested 

I am heading up to brisbane around the end of this month, so i can drop them anywhere between here (closest town is Glen Innes NSW) and Brisbane and collect on my next visit - happy to arrange return freight or come collect them myself when service is completed.

cheers for any info :)

To Top