Here is Dickson

Hi there i am from sydney

i got a tube amp system linked to my computer 

with audiolab m dac, mc-100b to my kef ls50, pretty happy with the setup at the moment.

would like to listen and share here with members over australia

Greetings

Not surprised that you are happy with that lot

Thanks, trying to do some tube rolling soon,  Some say there is some limitation for the amp and some may mod the amp as well, will do that slowly and step by step to go for a better sound

Edited by hayaya1221

Tube rolling is bit off $$$$ waste

The specs are all the same the difference in sound quality between a $50 valve and a $500 valve is discernible ..... Just!

Spend your money on component upgrades

Now if you are mega wealthy ignore ^^^ and send me your 300b discards

• Like 1

Tube rolling is bit off $$$$ waste

The specs are all the same the difference in sound quality between a $50 valve and a $500 valve is discernible ..... Just!

Spend your money on component upgrades

Now if you are mega wealthy ignore ^^^ and send me your 300b discards

Oh yea i knew that too lols. Component upgrades trend to be expensive in australia,

i got VDH CS122 as speaker cable, C chord RCA. and $5 dollar 4m 2.0 usb printer cable linked to my computer. ( there is no bottle neck, i guess!? lols)

Seriously, i am also looking at line magnetic 518IA integrated tube amps using 845 tubes, but weight 37kg.

Before spending another few thousands dollars, I am now rolling the tubes for a false hope that making some improvement in a cheap way.

for those NOS tube, i haven't tried any yet, but they are deserved to be put into a better amp.

btw i got the mullard reissue 12ax7 insitu - a bit more silky at top end so far, worth the money

the tung sol 6sn7 reissue X4 are on their way, will see how its go

and i got the psvane kt88 as stock... these tube i will leave them on till they die, or i would sell that with the amp.

any good recommendation for an upgrade from you guys? 

Edited by hayaya1221

hello.

Just got my power amp back and set up my cary ae3 with the tung-sol gtb reissues. so far they are much better than the phillips wgta's that came with it but I get the impression they are not much chop.

I'm pretty new to tubes but have heard that you should give the tung-sol  re-issues a descent amount of time to burn in, so i'm in the middle of that process now, just trying to get 3-4 hours in every day after work and then a nice solid run over the weekend. will see how they sound in couple of weeks.

Oh, stupid me. Welcome! enjoy your time here.

You could try a sub or two. Is your room acoustically treated? Can also consider digital room correction. These will yield massive difference that you may like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

em em... sounds a bit costy and i may move my home in 1,2 years, i rather not to do anything yet ;) 

You could try a sub or two. Is your room acoustically treated? Can also consider digital room correction. These will yield massive difference that you may like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapa