Rega TTPSU grounding buzz

Juicester

Anyone with a TTPSU done the grounding hack to eliminate a buzz? I noticed the buzz today and ran a wire from the ttpsu's 'supposed grounding wire' (which is connected to nothing with a ground!) to the grounding post in my phono stage and woila - buzz gone. The guy in this video might be a bit ott (love the part he apologised for having wind) - but I agree with him that it's ridiculous that Rega allowed this to leave the factory in its current state.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CAY2rRsqHLE

@@Juicester Yes definitely, the weird thing for me was that there was zero hum at all with the original Rega cartridge but was there when I fitted the Ortofon Blue 2M.

It must have something to do with the way the Rega cart is wired.

Edited by illusion

I just notice it last night with mine.I accidentally had the power cable from the TTPSU under the tonearm and the buzzing was crazy. moving the cable around help but I will try this grounding link

• Like 1

I just notice it last night with mine.I accidentally had the power cable from the TTPSU under the tonearm and the buzzing was crazy. moving the cable around help but I will try this grounding link

Highly recommended. For a clean look, I removed the small screw from the back plate and ran a wire from the grounding point out the back of the case and then to my phono. You can't see it at all.