Free - ish: Mission 780 speakers

Item: Mission 780 speakers
Price: 1 bottle red wine
Item Condition: bass drivers seem to be cactus. Tweeters fine, box cosmetically good
Reason for selling: No use for them
Payment Method: Pickup only 
Extra Info: I recently acquired these from someone who told me they were working. Oh well, don't always believe what you read in the papers.
It may be an easy fix or they might need new drivers. I'm told the speakers are worth fixing and that the drivers are available — I am reliably informed they are  French Aerogel drivers. 

Anyway, it will suit someone who'd like a DIY project.

Preference given to a longer standing SNA member (who can pick up quickly)

post-111035-0-72116600-1459901177_thumb.

post-111035-0-89640200-1459901190_thumb.

post-111035-0-60554300-1459901206_thumb.

Edited by buddyev
  • Like 3

I don't see any screw on the front. How would you replace the driver? The only opening is the binding post panel but that's not big enough to access the woofers.

I don't see any screw on the front. How would you replace the driver? The only opening is the binding post panel but that's not big enough to access the woofers.

That looks like four torx heads right there on the baffle....

• Like 1

I belive if you remove the lugs in the hole  that hold the grill the scews are behind it .Its common on a lot speakers those little rubber luds are put in there over the screws

I belive if you remove the lugs in the hole  that hold the grill the scews are behind it .Its common on a lot speakers those little rubber luds are put in there over the screws

thanks Richard. you're right - screws are behind the rubber lugs

Okay you've beaten me down on price with all this relentless white-anting - half a bottle of red.

They will be going in the hard rubbish next week if no one wants them. it's a shame because they are in good nick (apart from the fact they don't work).

Edited by buddyev
  • Like 3

These speakers need a pair of the later-generation Audax aerogel drivers. The original Audax Keraform drivers have a fatal design flaw and Mission were replacing them under warranty for a period of time. They are getting pretty hard to find these days. These speakers are worth fixing though - they sound quite nice indeed!

Edited by pete_mac
  • Like 2

Okay you've beaten me down on price with all this relentless white-anting - half a bottle of red.

They will be going in the hard rubbish next week if no one wants them. it's a shame because they are in good nick (apart from the fact they don't work).

You can pop over to mine, got a few bottles waiting for you. Not speakers required.

Edited by Sirmorebeer

M taking over to Arthur for a final checkup before I put it up on the market. Just let me when you like to pop over for some reds.  ;)

yes, I'd love to. I'm going to have a gtg here shortly. I'll let you know.