Newbie numark pro tt 1 or just listening experience tt?

Hi , bought a numark pro tt 1 second hand last year , would i be best with a tt thats just designed for listening to in the house or stick with this i think is a d j. Tt ? When i put tonearm down you hear loud crackling so of i did keep this numark one should i buy a new needle or whole cartdrige? Should i get a better model ie a rega one? A million questions lol thanks ,neil .

Hi Neil

I assume you are talking about this one.

post-138993-0-82047500-1459892809_thumb.

Although aimed at DJ's there is no reason you can't use this at home. Lot's of people use the similar Technics Sl1200. this type of TT just have some features, such as being able to change pitch that you do not need at home.

With regard to the  loud crackling it could just be your records or stylus need a clean. Really need a bit more information on your set up.

Edited by EVcali

Thanks for your replies guys, either going to get a ortofon om 10 cart as suggested or a brand new tt. Maybe the newish rega one. Bought joy division - substance , and the national high violet yesterday , im ending up buying all the classics ive got on cd anyway lol