Unclemack's GTG overload...

Being the polar opposite of @@evil c, I attend very few GTG's mainly due to working in retail where weekends are a risky proposition at best. BUT... last weekend I was treated to not one but two excellent GTG's. Firstly on Saturday, @@betty boop decided to have an impromptu GTG when he discovered that he had the house to himself. So, I abandoned my house cleaning to zip over to have some fun. Of course young Clive was there as was @@blybo (for a minute) and @@Kaynin. We were treated to some sweet tunes via Al's lovely system and then a gobsmacking HT demo. Al's  a gracious and enthusiastic host and I thank him for the trouble he went to to have us around...

Then on Sunday was @@houdinifangs turn to host the rabble. This there were louder, messier and generally more chaotic than at Al's. I know that @@evil c took a bunch of shots so if he could upload them you might get a feel for what occured. Suffice to say it was a fun day of good food (thanks for the pork @Tubularbells) great, loud, noisy music all through the hosts simple yet exciting system. Those JBL's are terrific fun. Big Ballsy sound...sadly he almost killed his new TT prior to the GTG so the old systemdeck trampoline did a fine job of filling in. @@djb had to moderate the volume at times as we were getting a bit too enthusiastic and Clive packed his records away quite early in a huff because no one was playing them but over all a great day was had by all in sunny Frankston.

Great to meet @@Point source for the first time and to catch up with some familiar faces...

I also got to hear my first ever Grateful Dead track... and loved it.

I think I may have taken a couple of pics... I'll attend to that in a minute.

Cheers

M

• Like 8

I Missed out here big time - 2 gtg in one weekend.

Retail is such a drag - I commiserate. I worked in a photo studio for 10 years taking pictures of doe-eyed engaged couples every weekend. Then I was a bookseller and had to work every saturday and Sunday for another 10 years- I missed every weekend party for 20 bloody years. Who says weekend penalty rates are excessive!

The grateful Dead are easy targets and a bit overlooked these days given some of their crazy bloated live gigs and looney tunes fans, but they really were very good most of the time and occasionally brilliant.

• Like 1

Yeah I had a blast at Fangs Sun gtg. Some great tunes were played which imo is one of the great things at these events as they typically cover such a diverse amount of genres so theres always something new to discover (yes I have ordered the Zomby LP)

Cheers to fangs for organising and being such a gracious host offering up his gear to be sodomised by a few of my obnoxious tracks along with the awesome whisky and food on offer of which I might add Evils muffins were quite a tasty treat even if he did try to convince us they were his creation....of which they were not coming from mrs Evil as we already suspected  :P

• Like 1
Clive packed his records away quite early in a huff because no one was playing them

That happened at my place. He only bought two and I wouldn't play them even when he wanted to give them to me. Odd taste in music, has to be the Syndal influence.

Weird place that, my mum used to warn me never to venture there. We'd wind the windows up in the XR falcon as we screeched through Syndal from Mt Waverley on our way to Glen Waverley.

You had to you see, because the locals would throw stuff at you.

Thankfully I always got off at the Mt.Waverley railway station and never had to endure the Syndal stop. Early James Last and Mantovani would blast through the speaker system on the platforms apparently.

• Like 1

Great afternoon Matt thank you

Great to talk to @@unclemack on drive home

Pity @@evil c was in the car

No muffins left and his political opinions. .... Zzzzzz<<< or wad that the Whisky

@ Point Source bought a nice Japanese Whisky

Suspect he's likely to be a gtg regular

• Like 1

Excellent rundown of a mammoth GTG weekend young Michael - good photo of the wine stained choppers !  :P

Great low key start as mentioned at al's and yet again we were treated to quality home made pizzas made by the host himself !

His Focal/ Elektra combo always a joy to hear followed by a truly immersive home theatre experience.

Seamless wall of sound coupled with subwoofer performance akin to earthquake proportions puts this in a class of it's own few will ever aspire to - congrats for such a professional

installation  and amazing result with the new ceiling 5 channel addition !

Not many quality phone pics from the weekend - too much dodgy glare and camera shake for my liking !  :unsure:

Here's a few I managed to take: al looking overjoyed after I walked in the door. post-116153-0-62377000-1459851337_thumb.

@@Kaynin and @@unclemack chewing the fat ( no - not on betty's pizza) post-116153-0-76521300-1459851425_thumb.

This one just screams for an : add a funny line  ;)  post-116153-0-55388300-1459851545_thumb.

Billy at houdinifangs looking "radiant" post-116153-0-40344200-1459851626_thumb.

@@Tubularbells delectable highly revered pulled Pork  :love  post-116153-0-28101000-1459851703_thumb.

Festivities into full swing with regular shots being downed post-116153-0-28674600-1459851798_thumb.

The designated driver giving me the secret signal - all is well with the World post-116153-0-62562900-1459851968_thumb.

Subliminal message at work here? post-116153-0-85023100-1459852105_thumb.

@@djb in familiar central location post-116153-0-56052400-1459852186_thumb.

L to R @@Point source , @@Zen Mister and @@CraigC  post-116153-0-68124500-1459852314_thumb.

Zen in deep conversation with me explaining my concept of the Universe  :unsure: post-116153-0-01232700-1459852568_thumb.

Fantastic weekend at both venues and look forward to many more !  :thumb:

• Like 3

was great to have you guys over :D finding out you suddenly have house to yourself...choice to do some boring chores for rest of day around the house or have some guys over...gee hard choice hehe chores can wait.  am amazed at the responsiveness ! a bit of a ultra short notice call out and before know it the dedicated were there ! definitely one I enjoyed ...great way to spend the day. good to hear all those attended had a fun time as well...at both gtgs :)

may there be many more ! :D

• Like 1

Yep, a late morning call to arms at @@betty boop's place and the soldiers rallied.  It's often in life that the last minute functions are the best, and I had a ball.  Al, as usual, is an A1 host.  The vinyl rig is beautiful to listen to, especially Supertramp, loved it  :thumb:    Then the HT comes to life - fantastic to see the detail that your new projector is capable of.  Walter Mitty was brilliant to see him flying down the mountain on the skateboard!

@@unclemack - good to see you again, a nice surprise.  If I had known it was your birthday in the ensuing days then I would have picked up your party hat on the way to Al's -

post-134860-0-72869400-1459857980.png

@@evil c - my word you do get around...

Edited by Kaynin
  • Like 3

Two great events. Unfortunately midday Sunday's are prime time for grandparents to celebrate their 90th birthdays, so I couldn't make it. Did everyone's ears bleed?

Great pics, and always good to put a few more faces to names :thumb:

Couldn't help but noticing how trendy some of you fellas are with your facial hair.

Please refer to guide below

post-145321-0-87555300-1459895482_thumb.

Aaaaand I think we recognise a few styles there......no?

;)

@@Gee Emm

Maybe you should update your "location" details below your avatar....?

I reckon that's why you're not gtting any visitors....they're all standing around in your old front yard, lost and confused.

(And cold, probably)

:)

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher
  • Volunteer

@@Gee Emm

I reckon that's why you're not gtting any visitors....they're all standing around in your old front yard, lost and confused.

(And cold, probably)

There's no probably about it, it's quite chilly around Gee Emm's old stomping ground this morning, and very wet to boot.

• Like 1

@@Gee Emm

(And cold, probably)

Thanks for the prompt DV. It's not like I'm going to move back ;)